Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

HighClass wrote: »
    Libertines are getting back together to play Hyde Park in July. Very, very, very slim chance but if they were added to the EP lineup I wouldn't care who else was!

Doubt you'd have anyone bar yourself interested in them at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Thomas D wrote: »
    Doubt you'd have anyone bar yourself interested in them at this stage.

Really? They got a great reaction when the played Reading & Leeds in 2010. I'd say a fair few people would enjoy hearing this on the Saturday or Sunday night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lop11

Wild beasts announced for Forbidden Fruit. I'd say that's them gone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Foster the people aren't that popular anymore, couldn't see them being later than 7 on the main stage.

I could see them getting a Ellie Goulding/Noah and The Whale slot if they played .

Really liking FTP's newish song "Coming of Age" though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

lop11 wrote: »
    Daaaaaamn. Guess that's me buying a Sunday ticket to that so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

lop11 wrote: »

Its not unusual for someone like the Wild Beasts to still get added to EP once Forbidden Fruit 2014 has passed. Cyril Hahn appeared at both last year, Mighty Steph, Hot Sprockets, Le Galaxie also appeared at both last year. Wild Beasts still have gaps in their schedule which could still bring them to EP, they are from the UK after all and they are playing EOTR on the same weekend. http://wild-beasts.co.uk/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Its not unusual for someone like the Wild Beasts to still get added to EP once Forbidden Fruit 2014 has passed. Cyril Hahn appeared at both last year, Mighty Steph, Hot Sprockets, Le Galaxie also appeared at both last year. Wild Beasts still have gaps in their schedule which could still bring them to EP, they are from the UK after all and they are playing EOTR on the same weekend. http://wild-beasts.co.uk/

All Irish, not much of a surprise to see Irish acts repeating at Irish festivals when they don't tour much anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So has anyone else self confirmed apart from Mogwai.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Did any one catch Le Galaxie last year? Hoping they're playing again this year! Epic photo

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

So has anyone else self confirmed apart from Mogwai.

Portishead posted an official line up on their facebook saying they were confirmed for EP. Chromeo were on it. Portishead took it down from their official facebook within the hour with the current one. it either means Chromeo pulled out before the first announcement or EP decided to hold them back for the second announcement but sent Portishead the wrong Lineup pic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Did any one catch Le Galaxie last year? Hoping they're playing again this year! Epic photo

Was ripping that I missed that, great photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

King King Company followed by Le Galaxie in Body and Soul last year is one of my all time EP 'moments'!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It was way to packed by the time we got to them, one regret for that wkend. However we did stumble upon mother djs then who were amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Beardyman wrote: »
    King King Company followed by Le Galaxie in Body and Soul last year is one of my all time EP 'moments'!

Only discovered King Kong Company last night, great stuff I hope they play this year.

Would truly LOVE if Gaz Coombes was touring, he would be picnic perfect!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Didn't Le Galaxie play the Jurasssic park theme at the end of their set or something last year?

I remember roaming around Body n' Soul and the theme song came on... it was glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rfrip wrote: »
    It was way to packed by the time we got to them, one regret for that wkend. However we did stumble upon mother djs then who were amazing

Thought the Mother DJs were the highlight of the weekend for me, was really the first time I had been in Body & Soul properly all weekend, blew me away. Raging I missed Le Galaxie though, really hoping they play again this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

garrkell wrote: »
    Portishead posted an official line up on their facebook saying they were confirmed for EP. Chromeo were on it. Portishead took it down from their official facebook within the hour with the current one. it either means Chromeo pulled out before the first announcement or EP decided to hold them back for the second announcement but sent Portishead the wrong Lineup pic.

Really hoping Chromeo do play , would they get a similar slot as Disclosure i wonder? There does seem to be a buzz around them atm after Coachella especially
    Was ripping that I missed that, great photo.

Same , had to get a lift home with a friend after AM . Seen them at INDIE 12 and they were class.

Would love to see The Minutes added too

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

-=al=- wrote: »
    Didn't Le Galaxie play the Jurasssic park theme at the end of their set or something last year?

I remember roaming around Body n' Soul and the theme song came on... it was glorious

You mean this theme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

-=al=- wrote: »

They came out to the stage with this playing. Class gig that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I tweeted Scroobius Pip asking him to play at EP and he replied "Love to" so at least thats something.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

This has probably been asked a good number of times since the first announcement but I am a bit lazy to trawl through all the pages, so generally speaking when does the second announcement usually occur, if it does at all? Do the acts just announce it themselves or will they wait and announce a second lot together? Was planning on getting a ticket, but I feel the need for one more great act before I'm willing to fork out the 200 quid. Realistically what are the chances of another headliner being announced? Still holding out hope for an act of QOTSA proportions.

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    This has probably been asked a good number of times since the first announcement but I am a bit lazy to trawl through all the pages, so generally speaking when does the second announcement usually occur, if it does at all? Do the acts just announce it themselves or will they wait and announce a second lot together? Was planning on getting a ticket, but I feel the need for one more great act before I'm willing to fork out the 200 quid. Realistically what are the chances of another headliner being announced? Still holding out hope for an act of QOTSA proportions.

Acts are announced in batches, the initial press release day so far, we're due another announcement round about now!
    If QOTSA were announced (unlikely I feel) normal circumstances it would be in the next announcement.
    Early on + big names it's likely (and usually contractual) EP will announce before the artist does.
    But as we get closer to the date acts will be added all over the place in ones and twos with little hype.

My advise to anyone would be to buy an early bird, the fork out is less! You wouldn't have any hassle selling the cheaper ticket when there at full price if plans changed or the line up didn't suit etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Acts are announced in batches, the initial press release day so far, we're due another announcement round about now!
    If QOTSA were announced (unlikely I feel) normal circumstances it would be in the next announcement.
    Early on + big names it's likely (and usually contractual) EP will announce before the artist does.
    But as we get closer to the date acts will be added all over the place in ones and twos with little hype.

My advise to anyone would be to buy an early bird, the fork out is less! You wouldn't have any hassle selling the cheaper ticket when there at full price if plans changed or the line up didn't suit etc
    Just one point on that, if you buy the ticket online, you'll get a ticket that you print out yourself. (at least thats what we got) That won't be any good for re-selling unless it's to someone who knows you and trusts you. If you are not sure if the line-up suits you, you'd be better off going to a ticketmaster outlet and getting a proper ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

Yup heading in the gate last year 4 people beside us got pulled for dud tickets. Apparently met some chap at the Red Cow hotel who headed off into the sunset with their hard earned cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Beardyman wrote: »
    Yup heading in the gate last year 4 people beside us got pulled for dud tickets. Apparently met some chap at the Red Cow hotel who headed off into the sunset with their hard earned cash!

People like that really do deserve a ****ing hiding. No wonder nobody trusts anybody these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Akrasia wrote: »
    Just one point on that, if you buy the ticket online, you'll get a ticket that you print out yourself. (at least thats what we got) That won't be any good for re-selling unless it's to someone who knows you and trusts you. If you are not sure if the line-up suits you, you'd be better off going to a ticketmaster outlet and getting a proper ticket.

Not necessarily, you can choose to have tickets emailed to you or to have tickets posted to you, and they will be proper tickets

Akrasia wrote: »

I get what your saying but remember its easy to get duplicate printed tickets, just ring up ticket master and say you lost/didn't get the first ones. They'll cancel them and issue new ones. So I wouldn't feel any safer with a proper hologram ticket than a DIY printed barcode!
    To be honest I would only buy from a stranger right at the ticket gate, if they scan ok then hand over the cash!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I get what your saying but remember its easy to get duplicate printed tickets, just ring up ticket master and say you lost/didn't get the first ones. They'll cancel them and issue new ones. So I wouldn't feel any safer with a proper hologram ticket than a DIY printed barcode!
    To be honest I would only buy from a stranger right at the ticket gate, if they scan ok then hand over the cash!!

I've bought and sold loads of tickets over the years with no hitches.
    Obviously, you need to use common sense, and gut instinct.

Toutless is a fantastic resource too - if you deal with people with a history on there, there should be no worries.

Big up to Toast and the Toutless team :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement