Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

QOTSA HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED!

nah I'm f*cking with ye, but how quickly did ye go to go to electric picnics website :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

GenieOz wrote: »
    QOTSA HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED!

nah I'm f*cking with ye, but how quickly did ye go to go to electric picnics website :pac:
    Might've checked, if you didn't discredit it in your own post.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Might've checked, if you didn't discredit it in your own post.

Didn't wanna be too mean. Excitement would've assumedly meant the rest got ignored :)

Anyway, getting bored now...veryyy bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

The wait for the second announcements is dragging on now in fairness, then again we waited ages for the first. On the QOTSA front it isn't inconceivable that they could play, they're playing in Belfast 9 days before EP starts and usually bands do a gig on both sides of the border. Also doing gigs in Leeds and Reading festivals the week before. I wait in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    The wait for the second announcements is dragging on now in fairness, then again we waited ages for the first. On the QOTSA front it isn't inconceivable that they could play, they're playing in Belfast 9 days before EP starts and usually bands do a gig on both sides of the border. Also doing gigs in Leeds and Reading festivals the week before. I wait in hope!

I think that everyone who frequents this thread should start asking them in their Facebook and Twitter pages when there is going to be a second announcement, the more traffic asking them, then they might actually say something, be it news of an announcement over the next week or something. Someone asked recently about word of a second announcement and they replied, " Yes there are a whole host of acts to be announced as well as announcements for Trailer Park, Body&Soul, Mindfield, Comedy, Trenchtown, Casa Bacardi, Red Bull Music Academy and Salty Dog." Which is the usual general announcement on their website anyway, so they don't seem to be giving anything away yet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Maybe they've something big up their sleeves that they're choosing not to tell us for now...

(wishful thinking)

Or alternatively they haven't finished adding acts for a second announcement and are holding off til they do.
    /Realism.

Run The Jewels really should be near the top of their list this year, Killer Mike could come out and do one or two songs with Outkast after like at Coachella (weekend 2). It makes sense, hence FlyLo and Thundercat at FF and Disclosure and Sam Smith at Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Or alternatively they haven't finished adding acts for a second announcement and are holding off til they do.
    /Realism.

Yep, you're probably spot on there, but one can dream. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

What are peoples opinions on a gazeebo, seen one in town for 20 quid , seen groups have them at other picnics , are they just extra hassel ?

Casshern88 wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions on a gazeebo, seen one in town for 20 quid , seen groups have them at other picnics , are they just extra hassel ?

I'm bringing one, every year they say they're not allowed but there's always plenty up..guess it's luck of the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Brought one 2 or 3 years ago when the weather was a bit rainy and it worked out great. We had the gazeebo in the middle of a couple of tents and sure enough when it rained we were smug 8)

It's great for giving yourself a little bit of space and keeps ya dry! Although someone did steal part 1A of the leg on the last night but it was no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Gazebo's aren't on the prohibited items list on the EP site, think they were for Oxeygen though, only due to the space they take.

Great during rain if you have a big group, but any kind of wind and it's pointless rain just blows right in.

I do find though, for me what makes the EP special is the randomers you meet in the camp site, I've found a gazebo is very off putting, it's like a do not cross boundary, much less likely to have the craic or talk to chicks whatever!!

So, no announcement of an announcement of an announcement, what a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

So, no announcement of an announcement of an announcement, what a surprise.

1310428349083_0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Gazebo's aren't on the prohibited items list on the EP site, think they were for Oxeygen though, only due to the space they take.

Depends on where you are camping, pretty sure they are banned for Pink Moon which is not a shocker given the very ordered way the tents are laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah great for chilling out in. Ideally you'd have 3 tents circled tight around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Depends on where you are camping, pretty sure they are banned for Pink Moon which is not a shocker given the very ordered way the tents are laid out.

I got one taken off me at the entrance 2 years ago, never saw it happen before or again and there was a load of em up in hendrix. Didnt make any sense and left me confussed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Depends who checks your stuff I guess. If it's not in it's box advertising its a gazebo or huge it will be ok... it will just look like a tent packed up

I'd only bother with one if the weather was set to be wet though

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

"Two weeks today we will be making the next line-up announcement for Electric Picnic!" - Finally!

Via EP Facebook

Knew it was a while off yet.

Hopefully:
    Run The Jewels
    Death Grips
    Hudson Mohawke
    Damon Albarn
    Caribou
    Deafheaven
    Forest Swords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

"Two weeks today we will be making the next line-up announcement for Electric Picnic!" - Finally!

Via EP Facebook

Maybe one of their people is actually reading this forum... :eek:

"Quick! They're saying they're bored on boards! Tell 'em when the next announcement is!" :D

Now lads, if ye'd only listen to our line up suggestions. A tent curated by Boards.ie members. A novel attraction to any music festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Whoever is doing the recording there is a horrible scumbag.

Whatever about people being out of their tree, and obviously she has made a bad choice somewhere to end up in that state, but how you could just let someone fall around underneath a tent in muck without trying to help them is beyond me personally.

When they're pissing in your tent you probably lose sympathy. Also she seemed like a horrible sack of ****, drunk or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The girl in the video and the people filming her are horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

my heart will break into a million pieces if a good DJ act is not announced :O I think the chemical brothers could be awesome..have a feeling it might be the basement jaxx or perhaps the prodigy!

my heart will break into a million pieces if a good DJ act is not announced :O I think the chemical brothers could be awesome..have a feeling it might be the basement jaxx or perhaps the prodigy!

Chances are still good for the Prodigy, they have nothing after Rock en Seine festival in France 23rd August, the same festival that Portishead and Lana Del Ray are also playing at. Heres hoping.

Really don't want the Prodigy. Basement Jaxx would be great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really don't want the Prodigy. Basement Jaxx would be great.

Id prob be happier with Basement Jaxx since i havent seen them yet but Prodigy would still be a deadly act to get for EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Chances are still good for the Prodigy, they have nothing after Rock en Seine festival in France 23rd August, the same festival that Portishead and Lana Del Ray are also playing at. Heres hoping.

they are playing here in cork during the summer..gonna give that a skip..would much prefer to see them in picnic! Fingers crossed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement