Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Says on the website "2014 line-up revealed soon"... hope they're not just saying that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

well at least there is some semblance of a festival this year, get Aphex Twin EP this year please.

Die Antwoord with Aphex Twin on the decks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Not sure if its been mentioned yet as i have only looked at the thread late but got a mail from Bands in town and there saying Artic Monkeys in Stradbally on Sun, Aug 31, 2014.

290402.png

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned yet as i have only looked at the thread late but got a mail from Bands in town and there saying Artic Monkeys in Stradbally on Sun, Aug 31, 2014.

290402.png

Its happening for all the acts that played last year, so clearly a mishap on Bandsintown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

A very EP'ish looking Longitude! Kinda stolen most of my EP predictions!!

I prefer the camping arrangement personally, falling into the tent! Can't imagine trucking home every night, then making my way back the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fatfrog wrote: »

I prefer the camping arrangement personally, falling into the tent! Can't imagine trucking home every night, then making my way back the next day.

It's a nice looking line-up alright. I'd imagine a few of them would play EP too but dunno how these things work, would bands me expected to play Longitude exclusively for instance..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Eod100 wrote: »
    It's a nice looking line-up alright. I'd imagine a few of them would play EP too but dunno how these things work, would bands me expected to play Longitude exclusively for instance..

unlikely both, maybe smaller acts like le galaxie, yes but really unlikely in the scheme of things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

unlikely both, maybe smaller acts like le galaxie, yes but really unlikely in the scheme of things

Yeah I was thinking acts like Hozier and that.. Wouldn't really expect some of the bigger names to play the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »

There's nothing like waking up there on the sat morning knowing you've two more days of music n great times ahead
    Have thought of going to bnb the last few years but I just never can!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Looks like The Walkmen are playing again this year http://thewalkmen.com/shows/ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Robotito wrote: »
    Looks like The Walkmen are playing again this year http://thewalkmen.com/shows/ :)

They played last year too didn't they, it seems media outlets are starved for info about a line up for EP 14 and have some how come across last years news thinking its this years. Lets see who has been predicted so far, Artics, Walkmen, Strypes, Hurts all originating seemingly from that bandsintown website. What EP needs is some fresh blood to revitalise the festival like with the Knife and David Byrne last year, some nice eclectic acts that have not played it yet such as Aphex Twin, Animal Collective, Jon Hopkins, Justice, John Foxx, Skunk Anansie, Blur, The Specials, Linton Kwesi Johnson, fecking loads. There is so many that could still play that would help keep it varied.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Robotito wrote: »

The Walkmen are on hiatus and hinted that they may never make a return. Definitely won't be playing the picnic this year.

Due to the World Cup and Commonwealth Games, the Rockness festival in Inverness, Scotland, normally held in the second weekend in June is going to be moved to the end of the summer in September. This would effectively have the festival twinned with EP and possibly trading the same acts over the weekend like the way T in the Park worked with Oxegen or Latitude - Longitude. That means Rockness becomes what was Connect festival in Scotland back in 2007/08. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainm ... id-3065810

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Id like to see lorde announced

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Any chance of Empire of the Sun? I think the picnic would suit them to the ground, also MGMT are in europe towards the end of july, a man can dream..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Does anyone know if there are showers in the campervan campsite? Also, I've read that is it a condition of gaining access to the campervan site that your campervan must have toilet facilities. Is this true, does anyone have previous experience of using the campervan site?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Black Keys would be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

robk84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are showers in the campervan campsite? Also, I've read that is it a condition of gaining access to the campervan site that your campervan must have toilet facilities. Is this true, does anyone have previous experience of using the campervan site?

nope no showers in CV site - well Ive never found them - aint been lookin either though.

its probably in the T&C that it needs to have toilet/wash or cooking facilities but i doubt you'll have a problem unless your arriving in a van with an air mattress flung in the back - there is always plenty of VW's around with neither

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Rfrip wrote: »
    Id like to see lorde announced

I'd rather see Lordi than Lorde. They're fairly sh1te too but least they know it.

RIP EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

See outkast playing bestival on around the same time as e.p ..!
    reckon they are certain the play now , lots of bestival acts play e.p :cool::cool:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/14/140128a.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

exilec wrote: »
    See outkast playing bestival ...
    reckon they are certain the play now , lots of bestival acts play e.p :cool::cool:

ah now dont be getting my hopes up like that

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Any one have any geuss when we can expect an announcement on ticket prices or early releases, is it being held up by a court case, when can we expect that court case to be out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

exilec wrote: »
    See outkast playing bestival on around the same time as e.p ..!

While it's a bit more likely now, most of the Bestival acts last year didn't play EP, including some of the headliners, so I wouldn't really be banking on it.
    Every year I look at the Bestival lineup and wonder why EP didn't book X, Y and Z...

I realise that Jim King the man behind Rockness also jointly runs Bestival with Rob Da Bank, so its probably the case that Bestival could be twinned with Rockness too, which would make sense. It would be great though if RN gets twinned with EP as it would open the pool of bands available, better.

While it's a bit more likely now, most of the Bestival acts last year didn't play EP, including some of the headliners, so I wouldn't really be banking on it.
    Every year I look at the Bestival lineup and wonder why EP didn't book X, Y and Z...

Well thats the thing, Bestival has the BBC (Rob Da Bank, Annie Mac etc) behind it so they seem to have more pulling power for bigger headliners and varied electronic acts, whilst EP just has RTE 2 FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Any one have any geuss when we can expect an announcement on ticket prices or early releases, is it being held up by a court case, when can we expect that court case to be out of the way

They have been allowed a period to make Discovery up to February and then they'll be looking for a date for hearing after that, which shouldn't take long in Dublin so I would say, if it all goes in our favour, there should be an announcement maybe end of February/beginning of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Well thats the thing, Bestival has the BBC (Rob Da Bank, Annie Mac etc) behind it so they seem to have more pulling power for bigger headliners and varied electronic acts, whilst EP just has RTE 2 FM.

The radio stations covering it make no difference to the lineup. It's down to how much the promoters allocated for booking acts, and what acts the bookers choose to book with that money.

I thought that MCD/Live Nation allegedly taking over the booking last year would see less wishy-washy indie acts down the bill playing to near empty tents, and more of the exciting acts playing Bestival the week after, but apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Sziget in Hungary 2&1 weekend(s) before EP!
    So some of these acts are "around" although not too many I'd go to see.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they did book Outkast and Queens im pretty sure id go crazy since that would be worth the ticket already .

From Sziget i can also see Placebo doing EP and maybe Imagine Dragons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Was literally halfway through listening to speakerboxxx/the love below by Outkast when I read the last couple of pages of this thread, I'm a massive hip hop head basically bought my ticket last year based on wu tang playing, if outkast played I would have a man cry, no joke :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement