Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mince Pie wrote: »
    apparently space blankets help to keep the tent cool during the day. Not too expensive either.

https://www.promed.ie/shop/catalog/product.aspx?categoryid=3317&serverid=medical

Space blanket is an awesome insulator for beer! Take the beer direct from the fridge and wrap in the foil + duct tape. Did this last year left in the car boot, beers still slightly chilled on Sunday!
    If you want to do it properly have a cooler box in the car boot loaded with ice, freezer bag + ice about x6 cans at a time.
    Cool beer all weekend! ;)

Working out at about 180 a head. Pricey enough alright but we're bringing some friends from abroad so wanted to make it the best we could for them, one has health problems so the more private toilet/shower facilities will come in handy.

Looked at getting a campervan initially but would have needed 6 bodies to makke it affordable, plus extra hassle of picking up dropping off etc, plus most were booked already for that weekend!

Camper van area couldn't be any further away! You'd think "great I don't have to carry all my sh*t in" but ya have to walk miles every time back and forth!
    You should be at a nice distance in the POSH C**T camp site :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Camper van area couldn't be any further away! You'd think "great I don't have to carry all my sh*t in" but ya have to walk miles every time back and forth!
    You should be at a nice distance in the POSH C**T camp site :)

Yep it's a mere stroll......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Thinking of driving down this year. Never have before, what are the car parks like security wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Duff wrote: »
    Thinking of driving down this year. Never have before, what are the car parks like security wise?

Fine. Just don't leave any valuables on display, but that'd be a general rule in life in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Duff wrote: »

Same here, is it free and what time do you need to be in at to get a decent spot? How far is the parking from the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The earlier you arrive the better spot you get so closer to everything and less distance to lug your stuff!

It's free, handy enough driving down and lots of signs... Being there before the afternoon is good IMO

If you're there late and in the Itcy lot it can be a bit of a trek but it's probably the worst part of the weekend breaking your balls carrying ungodly amounts of liquids to a field

But once you survived the arduous trek and have that first can in the camping chair, it's worth it all

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

-=al=- wrote: »
    But once you survived the arduous trek and have that first can in the camping chair, it's worth it all
    One of the best parts of the weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

just logged onto my internet banking there and my 2nd installment had been taken on the 1st of may, but just looked at my acc and the money has been returned?? Anyone else had this issue? Theres money in the acc so its not that it has returned unpaid

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

just logged onto my internet banking there and my 2nd installment had been taken on the 1st of may, but just looked at my acc and the money has been returned?? Anyone else had this issue? Theres money in the acc so its not that it has returned unpaid

Not mine , on my Permanent TSB online it just says pending transaction

• Advertisement

*Update*

Just phoned ticketmaster in a panic over my above post! So apparently the money has in fact been taken but my acc is saying its there, which is weird because it appeared on my statement as "debit card" on thursday with the amount taken! Now there is nothing on my statement stating the money as been taken! Bit weird but the lady on the phone assured me I was paid up to date so not going to worry! phew!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Same here. Was showing on Thursday. No sign of it in my transactions now.
    With Bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    With Bank of Ireland.

the central banks were all shut on Thursday the 1st of May, don't worry will show in transactions on tuesday. Just a day delay at the moment.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    With Bank of Ireland.

Yep im bank of ireland aswel!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Space blanket is an awesome insulator for beer! Take the beer direct from the fridge and wrap in the foil + duct tape. Did this last year left in the car boot, beers still slightly chilled on Sunday!
    If you want to do it properly have a cooler box in the car boot loaded with ice, freezer bag + ice about x6 cans at a time.
    Cool beer all weekend! ;)

I noticed last year that because it gets so cold at night the next morning your cans are nice and chilly!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The more i listen to these lads i think they would be a perfect late night slot band imo. Prob not gonna happen if they do get announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

The more i listen to these lads i think they would be a perfect late night slot band imo. Prob not gonna happen if they do get announced

Utter cack imo.

My precious...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Me likey and I'm not really a poppy dance fan

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

Absolute horse gicky..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Rage against the tractor.
    I'll put a bullock in your shed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just heard in the know that Campell's Tavern in Headford, Galway is hosting a stage in the Body&Soul village at EP this year, my friends have been booked to play, they are called GIRO: Galway International Retro Orchestra, they play music from the 1920s -1930s in New York, played by immigrants at the time, Flannagan Brothers Irish Vaudeville, Klezmer, Scandinavian and Eastern European gypsy music. They are playing on Friday evening or night.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

We should have a thing. In five sentences, tell us about the five deadliest people encounters/five best mad out of it stories, you've had at picnic:)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

david75 wrote: »
    We should have a thing. In five sentences, tell us about the five deadliest people encounters/five best mad out of it stories, you've had at picnic:)

I'll take that - in 2006, one of the curry tents got turned into a tiny late night club after 3am; ladies in leather Xena costumes dancing to Guns and Roses on the tables, Irvine Welsh was chatting to people in the corner. We were sitting there, enjoying the vibe, when we ran out of drink. "Balls" says a mate of mine out loud, "no booze; we've only the 48 Penguin bars left". Suddenly the chap next to us " No Fear, lads" I've Got a rake of cans here, break out those Penguin bad boys". Cue an hour of dreadful jokes and Shotgunning beer.

Picnic is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've a mad memory from 2005, wandering about the Body&Soul looking for a bar, stupid off license rule hadn't come in yet at the time. The bar was kind of shut but there was a wooden barrel of punch you could dunk your cup into of forest fruit bulmers cider stuff and no charge, got good and twisted on the Sunday night from this arrangement, then the law changed for subsequent EPs as regards licensing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I met some lad in rave at the woods at picnic 2011 that was going around introducing himself as Matt Cardle (some x factor winner), looked the spit of him as well when I looked him up. That was a crazy night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I met some lad in rave at the woods at picnic 2011 that was going around introducing himself as Matt Cardle (some x factor winner), looked the spit of him as well when I looked him up. That was a crazy night.

met a lad at the Rave in the Woods, he joined us back to the tent, gave him a beer, craic was good, threw him the skins etc and to told him to skin up, only then as he was rolling it did I see had only 1 hand...in place of the other arm was a 'stump' at the elbow..I shít you not.

He still rolled a better one than me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

One of the maddest picnic stories i've heard, was when some young fella went missing in the stradbally woods for a week, after he took a load of acid.
    http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12546

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Last year, Sunday night, Rave in the woods. I was just standing there skaging out, mesmerised by the strobes when I thought I saw a body floating mid air out the corner of my eye, started freaking out and had to sit down. It was then I realised that it wasn't a body that was floating mid air but a mad bástard who had fallen 20ft out of a tree! He got up no bother and raved his way on further into the woods. No idea how he survived the fall nevermind getting up and carrying on!

• Advertisement

The most confused I've ever been
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056750164/256

Edit, link works on phone but not for PC
    Feel ur pain, A few years ago had a major Friday-Sat barely any sleep! crashed some time sat night sun morning!
    Woke up, left my tent it was overcast slightly dark. None of my mates were around, it was really eerie, quiet almost like a 28days later scene I was a bit freaked out! Phone dead, no watch, checked my pockets no money other than a. €2 coin. Went to a stall got a cup of tea, asked the girl there, she said it was 5;30-6 o'clock then I had the indignity of asking "Am or Pm" to be told it was am, short pause followed by my next question "what day is it" her manner went from polite to get away from me ur weirdo! As she sheepishly said Monday! Mortified IDE slept through Sunday and Sunday night!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement