Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Electric Picnic forum must be getting a makeover at the moment as its currently offline.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The Electric Picnic forum must be getting a makeover at the moment as its currently offline.

Its back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

A couple of years ago at the rave in the woods we found a spot kinda beside a tractor track. There was a small puddle beside us wich turned out to be about a foot deep. Was the funniest thing ever watching person after person stepping into it and cursing and freakin out. Also the girl out of it walking head first into a tree...Apoligised to it and walked off with blood trickling down her head....Funny place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

One of the maddest picnic stories i've heard, was when some young fella went missing in the stradbally woods for a week, after he took a load of acid.
    http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12546

My favourite is this gem.
    Friday evening a few farmers were in the field having their hang sangwiches after a hard day cutting the corn. He arrives out of no where, heads straight for the sandwiches and started eating them. Never asked or spoke a word. He did ask why the music had finished

Nearly choked on my curry reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

One of the maddest picnic stories i've heard, was when some young fella went missing in the stradbally woods for a week, after he took a load of acid.
    http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12546
    What a party animal. There's no way LSD would have you tripping for days, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    A couple of years ago at the rave in the woods we found a spot kinda beside a tractor track. There was a small puddle beside us wich turned out to be about a foot deep. Was the funniest thing ever watching person after person stepping into it and cursing and freakin out. Also the girl out of it walking head first into a tree...Apoligised to it and walked off with blood trickling down her head....Funny place :)

I remember that 'patch', sort of got caught by it myself and I found it equally entertaining to see others walk straight into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

"Next line up announcement 13.05.14" via Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Last year at ben klock at the rave in the woods I was tripping pretty badly it's comical thinking back. Had a conversation with the back of my mates head for about 15 minutes thinking he was talking back to me, chatted up another girls hair and thought I was doing well until one of the lads brought me back to reality telling me i was talking to hair.

Went to have a sit down on a bench in front of a tree only for somebody on stilts that may or may not have existed walked by me going towards the stage. Suddenly the bench started moving and I stood up and looked down and I happened to be sitting on a lovely old couple who had passed out and woke up angrily to me sitting on them.

Then I dedided to make my way back to the camp site to get more cans, and the lovely people of EP decided to paint a bench black and put it in the woods which I walked into knees first and broke myself up hahaha the rave in the woods is a magical place whether you're on drugs or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Curious about the next announcement, longitude 'STOLE' loads of my EP predictions.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Curious about the next announcement, longitude 'STOLE' loads of my EP predictions.

Wouldn't worry about it too much, when the event is passed and over, some of these artists might very well get added to the EP line up, its happened last year with the odd artist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

If the Horrors don't play I'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Moderat_FestivalTour14_Web_Final22-600x425.png

ill eat my own foot if these guys arent announced next week. they've just announced their euro festival tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I kinda don't want either to be announced and to have a hat and foot eating spectacle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

garrkell wrote: »
    Moderat_FestivalTour14_Web_Final22-600x425.png

ill eat my own foot if these guys arent announced next week. they've just announced their euro festival tour.

Electric Zoo is on the same weekend in New York and while most of the bill is "EDM" ****e they seem to grab every electronic act they can find including a few decent ones. Its one of the reasons EP has struggled to get decent or better known electronic acts in recent years.

I'd still be hopeful Moderat make the picnic but they could be alludered elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

lbj666 wrote: »
    Electric Zoo is on the same weekend in New York and while most of the bill is "EDM" ****e they seem to grab every electronic act they can find including a few decent ones. Its one of the reasons EP has struggled to get decent or better known electronic acts in recent years.

I'd still be hopeful Moderat make the picnic but they could be alludered elsewhere.

hmm, this is a major factor alright. forgot about Electric Zoo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

garrkell wrote: »
    hmm, this is a major factor alright. forgot about Electric Zoo
    So will it be your left or right foot that you'll be eating then? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Then I dedided to make my way back to the camp site to get more cans, and the lovely people of EP decided to paint a bench black and put it in the woods which I walked into knees first and broke myself up hahaha the rave in the woods is a magical place whetdrugs or not!

I remember trying to get back to the campsite from the rave with a mate last year and I swear to God we must have fallen on top of every tent along the way. The campsite becomes an obstacle course at night when you're thoroughly intoxicated.

I do apologise to anyone who may have had two yipped eejits fall on top of them while they were trying to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Longitude has stolen many of the acts I was hoping would be at EP, I may have to buy a ticket for that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The only acts at Longitude I'd like at EP are Massive Attack, CHVRCHES, Disclosure and Bonobo.

There is still plenty of good bookable artists out there, 6 days to go woo hoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'm excited to see who they pull. I think the first announcement was really strong so this should be good.

lbj666 wrote: »

Fcuk it anyway, I looked at the Electric Zoo line up and I see they have Gesaffelstein doing a DJ set so if he's in the US, he's ruled out of the Picnic, dammit.:(

Edit: On a more hopeful note, Moderat headlined the Hilltop Stage on Saturday night at Electric Zoo last year when I thought they were certain for EP. http://ezlineup.madeevent.com/events/2013/08/31/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Bah. Jamie xx ruled out too, was hoping he might do EP as well as Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rockey4215

Would Skrillex be a likely addition? Seemingly playing a good few European shows in July and August...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

rockey4215 wrote: »
    Would Skrillex be a likely addition? Seemingly playing a good few European shows in July and August...

Nope Jack U are at Electric Zoo also

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rockey4215

Ah. Shows how much I know about that kind of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

rockey4215 wrote: »
    Do you actually know what Electric Picnic is?

Do you actually know what Electric Picnic is?

Isn't it that festival with all the people with a superiority complex when it comes to their alternative taste in music?

I'm not a skrillex fan myself, but posts like that are just snipey bullshít, there's no need

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Is the rave every night or just one night?

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Is the rave every night or just one night?

Yeah every night!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement