Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Also want to get a t shirt that says i don't have any drugs, just so people stop asking me for drugs
    I can see that one backfiring
    You'll just get people trying to sell you drugs all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

What are some things people are changing from what they did at their last picnic? I'll be bringing less food, a big coat, and try my very best to see more of the non-music things that are on.

Also I'm entertaining the idea of brining a camera this year, not a single picture from last year which was nice, but I've forgotten about a lot of the fun stuff and it would be nice to have pictures to remember it by

Each year I brought less and less food, until eventually I brought none. Lots a food available 24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

paulieeye wrote: »
    Each year I brought less and less food, until eventually I brought none. Lots a food available 24hrs

Yeah but at highly inflated prices. 2 packs of rice cakes and peanut butter and you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Akrasia wrote: »
    I can see that one backfiring
    You'll just get people trying to sell you drugs all weekend

55D58284665E463B9CA03D9863B49BB5-0000355618-0003561351-00800L-E2308E9E24DA4BEA89DE59DA5F16775D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Not true at all. Big difference between bands like AM/The Killers and The Scirpt.

Not really between them and The Killers really.
    There's an awful lot of people who go in the last 3 years instead of oxegen who seem to have no clue about pretty much any of the music and are there for the craic and hanging around the bacardi tent as the rest of the stages have "weird" music on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Also want to get a t shirt that says i don't have any drugs, just so people stop asking me for drugs

I'd love to be asked that! Instead, I get asked if I'm an undercover cop. In fairness, it hasn't happened to me at EP yet, but it has happened loads over the years, Daft Punk in Marley being the peak of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'm gonna bring some foam ear plug thingys, especially for the indoor gigs. David Byrne and St Vincent damn near caused me permanent damage last year! I was a bit scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

55D58284665E463B9CA03D9863B49BB5-0000355618-0003561351-00800L-E2308E9E24DA4BEA89DE59DA5F16775D.jpg

More like I haven't been strip searched by DS yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Not really between them and The Killers really.
    There's an awful lot of people who go in the last 3 years instead of oxegen who seem to have no clue about pretty much any of the music and are there for the craic and hanging around the bacardi tent as the rest of the stages have "weird" music on them.

True.
    Missus was at Kodaline and ellie goulding last year, and said they were the biggest crowds of the weekend, closely followed by disclosure and arctic monkeys.
    There are a lot of casual music fans at EP, and the spill over from longitude was noticeable.
    There's plenty for everyone though, so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

True.
    Missus was at Kodaline and ellie goulding last year, and said they were the biggest crowds of the weekend, closely followed by disclosure and arctic monkeys.
    There are a lot of casual music fans at EP, and the spill over from longitude was noticeable.

I was at ellie goulding as well unfortunately, and her crowd had nothing on the arctic monkeys one or disclosure.

Went as far away from the main area as possible when kodaline were playing, for obvious reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

See the black keys is after announcing an american tour starting from september 5th .... Not looking good for e.p :mad:

http://www.theblackkeys.com/tour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

exilec wrote: »
    See the black keys is after announcing an american tour starting from september 5th .... Not looking good for e.p :mad:

http://www.theblackkeys.com/tour

Whats the problem, they still have four days to get back to the US after EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

sadie06 wrote: »
    I'd love to be asked that! Instead, I get asked if I'm an undercover cop. In fairness, it hasn't happened to me at EP yet, but it has happened loads over the years, Daft Punk in Marley being the peak of it.
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    More like I haven't been strip searched by DS yet!!

It seemed like everyone was an undercover guard last year, this year I'll have to just put a wristband around my ankle and flash it any time someone asks me for drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

True.

The crowd was tiny at Kodaline and Ellie Goulding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

It seemed like everyone was an undercover guard last year, this year I'll have to just put a wristband around my ankle and flash it any time someone asks me for drugs

One of the lads got stripped searched twice in 2011! Once going in and second time on the Sat, he didn't have anything so was fine. He asked the cop on the second occasion why he stopped him, turned out he was wearing a pair of novelty '2011' sunglasses!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

BaZmO* wrote: »

Gawd what a difference cos Longitude was packed out for Kodaline and they were on pretty early.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Gawd what a difference cos Longitude was packed out for Kodaline and they were on pretty early.

No campsite to chill in at longitude, plus you can't leave once your on the site unless you have a weekend pass.

Mince Pie wrote: »

I brought my nephew last year so I was pretty much stuck around the main stage the whole weekend, (I also took a bad fall on the first night and sprained my ankle so I couldn't wander around as much as I wanted to, but that's another story!). He went right up to the front barrier to see them and we sat down on the grass beside the sound desk and we could still see him the whole time. Not packed at all. Pretty much the same for Ellie Goulding but a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

BaZmO* wrote: »

Who was on at the same time as johnny marr?
    We were sitting on the seats at the back of main stage, and i headed off to see johnny when (whoever it was) started, and the place was mobbed, back as far as the seating.
    I thought that was kodaline? maybe it was noah & the whale.

Edit: just checked the timetable, and it was both (one after the other). It was a very big crowd.

• Advertisement

Who was on at the same time as johnny marr?
    We were sitting on the seats at the back of main stage, and i headed off to see johnny when (whoever it was) started, and the place was mobbed, back as far as the seating.
    I thought that was kodaline? maybe it was noah & the whale.

Edit: just checked the timetable, and it was both (one after the other). It was a very big crowd.

Crowd got bigger for Noah and the Whale but there was still plenty of people sitting down on the grass. I think that's when the guys from Keoghs went around giving out free bags of crisps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

What are some things people are changing from what they did at their last picnic? I'll be bringing less food, a big coat, and try my very best to see more of the non-music things that are on.

Also I'm entertaining the idea of brining a camera this year, not a single picture from last year which was nice, but I've forgotten about a lot of the fun stuff and it would be nice to have pictures to remember it by

I'm bringing more drink and going down way earlier to nab a good camping space. The tuts and loud sighs when going to pitch got a bit on my nerves last year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'm bringing more drink and going down way earlier to nab a good camping space. The tuts and loud sighs when going to pitch got a bit on my nerves last year.:D

Am I right in saying campervans can arrive from Thursday evening, or did I just dream that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Am I right in saying campervans can arrive from Thursday evening, or did I just dream that?

when I was there few years back we went on the thurs in campervan so prob ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

There's nothing open on the Thursday. Just you and a load of campervans. The craic is mighty though.
    It is an unruly walk to the main arena.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

One of the maddest picnic stories i've heard, was when some young fella went missing in the stradbally woods for a week, after he took a load of acid.
    http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12546

really wanna read this but the site seems to be down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jmzdun

How likely is it that Damien Rice will be added to the line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

jmzdun wrote: »
    How likely is it that Damien Rice will be added to the line up?

Ooooooh interesting! I did have a fleeting moment of wonderment myself this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Fatfrog wrote: »
    One of the lads got stripped searched twice in 2011! Once going in and second time on the Sat, he didn't have anything so was fine. He asked the cop on the second occasion why he stopped him, turned out he was wearing a pair of novelty '2011' sunglasses!

So are the guards just walking around stripping lads or what? Is that even allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

When is the next announcement again??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement