Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Next Tuesday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

D.Q wrote: »
    So are the guards just walking around stripping lads or what? Is that even allowed?

Haven't heard of them ever picking someone out of a concert crowd, but they do have the power to.
    This happened a friend going through the main gate from the car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Can they do anything if you look questionably under the influence but you aren't carrying anything? I presume they don't search tents because it didn't happen last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

They illegally searched a friend of mine last year. Just came up tackled him to the ground and searched his pockets without consent.. I'd imagine if you fit a certain description they'll just grab you and pretend they have reasonable suspicion or whatever.

I know my rights, and I've discovered a loop hole where they won't be able to pat me down..... I'll just walk around naked all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

What are some things people are changing from what they did at their last picnic? I'll be bringing less food, a big coat, and try my very best to see more of the non-music things that are on.

Also I'm entertaining the idea of brining a camera this year, not a single picture from last year which was nice, but I've forgotten about a lot of the fun stuff and it would be nice to have pictures to remember it by

I'm going to try and keep away from the ridicously priced mojitos at the Bacardi tent.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Can they do anything if you look questionably under the influence but you aren't carrying anything? I presume they don't search tents because it didn't happen last year.
    never happened to me but i've heard plenty of stories from people (including on here) who have had their tents searched by the DS. usually because they're sitting in the porch of it having a spliff or something that gives them reason to believe there may be more drugs inside.

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'm going to try and keep away from the ridicously priced mojitos at the Bacardi tent.....
    in a way i'm glad the bartenders in the Bacardi tent take forever fannying around making the drinks and showing off as it stops me going through all my money within the space of about an hour :pac:

david75 wrote: »
    really wanna read this but the site seems to be down?
    they moved the old one the other day and set-up a new forum.
    can read it here:
    http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/ep2013/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12546

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

paulieeye wrote: »
    Each year I brought less and less food, until eventually I brought none. Lots a food available 24hrs

What kind of food do people bring though? I always have good intentions but can never figure out whats nice and filling that doesn't have to be warm/refrigerated and usually just brings snacks...I then piss away my money when the desire for 'something substantial' occurs. :pac:

Well...I never regret falafel. I'm always allowed piss money away on falafel.

What kind of food do people bring though? I always have good intentions but can never figure out whats nice and filling that doesn't have to be warm/refrigerated and usually just brings snacks...I then piss away my money when the desire for 'something substantial' occurs. :pac:

Its actually a great set up at Stradbally as the town is about 10 minutes walk from the festival site, so you can get cheaper pints if you want, cafes and there is a Supervalu and Mace too. Although Sunday ticket holders will be only able to take advantage of this before they go onto the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

One of the things I love is the food there so never bring any of my own....which is why I end up spending a fortune, that and those blasted mint riddled mojitos !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Cans of tuna, chocolate digestives and some bread got me through the weekend! Think I'll bring money to buy some food this time though, might tip into the village in the mornings and see what's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Been browsing this thread for a while now so I thought I'd add my wishlist (trying to be semi-realistic)

Run the Jewels
    Janelle Monae(probably no chance)
    Modeselektor or Moderat-either would be nice
    Death Grips
    The Prodigy
    Deltron 3030
    Shabazz Palaces
    The Japanese Popstars
    The Tallest Man on Earth
    Damon Albarn
    Danny Brown (he's played Ireland a lot lately so this is very unlikely but he's fantastic live)

Just a few of the acts I'd love to see, as I said I tried to keep it realistic but it's probably not. Nevertheless if a couple of those acts were announced I'd be delighted. At the same time there were a decent amount of acts I'd never heard of announced on the initial lineup who I've since come to like a lot so whoever they announce there's probably a good chance I'll end up enjoying them, even if I haven't heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Out of interest, has anyone done the volunteering before and would ye recommend it? Been looking on their site every now and again and it keeps saying Coming Soon, any ideas when applications for it opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Janelle Monae is doing Rock en Seine the week before.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Janelle Monae is doing Rock en Seine the week before.

So that makes her presence not impossible?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So that makes her presence not impossible?

guess you won't have long to wait to find out with the announement on Tuesday.

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    Out of interest, has anyone done the volunteering before and would ye recommend it? Been looking on their site every now and again and it keeps saying Coming Soon, any ideas when applications for it opens?

You can still volunteer through Body & Soul to work the Picnic but you have to register with the site before you can fill in an online application form. http://bodyandsoul.ie/bodysoul-electric-picnic-2014/

This is the email for Festival Republic/POD weekend stewarding volunteers@electricpicnic.ie No harm in throwing them an email, people get took on for volunteering sometimes right up to the last minute. What you will find is that coming up to the weekend, lots of people volunteering for the first time cop out at the last minute, so places are always becoming available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Been browsing this thread for a while now so I thought I'd add my wishlist (trying to be semi-realistic)

Run the Jewels
    Death Grips
    The Prodigy
    Deltron 3030
    Shabazz Palaces
    The Japanese Popstars
    The Tallest Man on Earth
    Damon Albarn
    Danny Brown (he's played Ireland a lot lately so this is very unlikely but he's fantastic live)
    Love everyone there except the Prodigy, but I'd put up with them for the rest. Great shouts!

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Love everyone there except the Prodigy, but I'd put up with them for the rest. Great shouts!

Yeh it would be nice to have the choice of Aphex Twin in the Electric Arena or Rankin Woods stage, whilst Prodigy played the main stage, I would definitely choose Aphex then. Kinda like 2012 when Squarepusher played the EA and Orbital played the main stage.

• Advertisement

Fair enough but I'd love to see The Prodigy!

I would absolutely love to see Janelle Monae live too, I think she would be fantastic. Initially I thought there is little to no chance of her on the lineup but with her playing in Paris the week before and Outkast playing you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gerdev

Run the Jewels
    Death Grips
    The Prodigy
    Deltron 3030
    Shabazz Palaces
    The Japanese Popstars
    The Tallest Man on Earth
    Damon Albarn

Death Grips would be sooooooooooooo good

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fair enough but I'd love to see The Prodigy!

I would absolutely love to see Janelle Monae live too, I think she would be fantastic. Initially I thought there is little to no chance of her on the lineup but with her playing in Paris the week before and Outkast playing you never know...

She did play EP a few years ago , so i also hope she plays again this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Never understood why people bring food to Electric Picnic, the food choice is excellent and ****ing delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

She did play EP a few years ago , so i also hope she plays again this year

I hope she plays again so I can stand in a better position for it. Was against the barrier but right on front of one of the speakers and all I could really hear was the bass :pac: Did have one of her dancing ladies a foot away from me so that was some consolation :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Janelle did a talk in the Hotpress tent last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Never understood why people bring food to Electric Picnic, the food choice is excellent and ****ing delicious.

You're right but for people that go last minute they usually just have enough to cover ticket, transport and alcohol if lucky. You would need around €100 to eat well from the stalls.

I have done both as I was flush two years and broke for one and the year I was broke, we brought tins of corned beef, tins of salmon and lots of wraps, crackers etc (they stay fresher longer than bread) and a few condiments. Then just bought the perishables like salads and fruit down there.

As to the line-up so far, I'm old and so only Simple Minds and the Pet Shop Boys so far really interesting me.

Like Outkast though.

You would need around €100 to eat well from the stalls.

Yeah that sounds about right for the weekend. Although I buy very little alcohol in the actual arena, so I save a fortune there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The Stranglers, The Blades and The Wailers are all old.

• Advertisement

The Stranglers, The Blades and The Wailers are all old.

They'll still sound ten times better than **** like ellie goulding, Kodaline or the script.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement