Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

BadTurtle wrote: »
    The Stranglers, The Blades and The Wailers are all old.

I'm not that old :pac:

My older brother loved The Stranglers and turned me right off them by playing them non-stop.

Will take in The Wailers for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Never understood why people bring food to Electric Picnic, the food choice is excellent and ****ing delicious.

It's handy to have a few breakfast bar type things in the tent for munchies post nap time, the food in general though is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

They'll still sound ten times better than **** like ellie goulding, Kodaline or the script.

Ellie Goulding and Kodaline were great last year (or year before?) in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

LUPE wrote: »
    Ellie Goulding and Kodaline were great last year (or year before?) in fairness to them.

I'll take your word for it. Kodaline are so boring Coldplay laugh at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Some names I'd like for the next announcement. All playing live dates at the moment, with no Irish festival bookings that I know of or gigs in USA the weekend of EP. Really hoping a few of these that are playing End of the Road will make it onto the EP Lineup....

Daniel Avery
    SBTRKT
    Gruff Rhys
    Tune-Yards
    Run The Jewels
    Greg Wilson

... and if Bonnie Prince Billy's Dun Laoghaire gig is a warm-up for EP, that would be very very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Gruff Rhys is playing Castlepalooza a few weeks before EP, so probably unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Janelle did a talk in the Hotpress tent last year.

Nah mate it was an exclusive playing of her new album but she wasn't actually there.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Kodaline are so boring Coldplay laugh at them.

I was walking through body and soul two years ago and sat down at the main stage and they came on. I thought they had won a competition or something to play at EP. They sounded like a small town pub band. Couldn't believe it 6 months later when they exploded in popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Mr.S wrote: »
    They where popular before EP!

I'd never heard of them. They only released their first EP after that performance so couldn't have been that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

There's nothing open on the Thursday. Just you and a load of campervans. The craic is mighty though.
    It is an unruly walk to the main arena.

What's the point of paying €60 for a camper van ticket when your parked as far as possible from the main arena? Might as well just park in the free car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mouzone wrote: »
    What's the point of paying €60 for a camper van ticket when your parked as far as possible from the main arena? Might as well just park in the free car park.

I'd imagine the Camper Van area has access to water and electricity to hook the van up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'd imagine the Camper Van area has access to water and electricity to hook the van up to?

No electricity to hook up to!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    Out of interest, has anyone done the volunteering before and would ye recommend it? Been looking on their site every now and again and it keeps saying Coming Soon, any ideas when applications for it opens?

i've been involved with the volunteering for a long time, depends what volunteering. tbh everyone who does it has a blast and alot are return volunteers too, theres perks depending where you work. havent paid to go to a gig since witnness, and i've done all eps and alot others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mouzone wrote: »

Is that even allowed? If so (and depending on where you were in the carpark) the walk in to the main arena would only be an extra 5mins?

BaZmO* wrote: »

No electricity hook up. There's access to water, but it's the same as the main camp-sites, in that it's just a few taps.

There are 4-5 portaloos, and a big tank, for emptying the sh!tters.

You're basically paying €66 for the privilege of having a camper, and have the longest walk of any of the punters thrown in as well.

The comfort is great and all, but €66 to park your camper is a bit much tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

You're basically paying €66 for the privilege of having a camper, and have the longest walk of any of the punters thrown in as well.

The comfort is great and all, but €66 to park your camper is a bit much tbf.

Have to agree.. I'm a bit long in the tooth for tenting it at this stage - need a good night's sleep, but the distance involved at EP does take the good out of it a bit, and I've avoided EP for smaller festivals like B&S and Vantastival in the last few years, mainly for this reason.

Skipping B&S this year in protest of last year's horrible set-up, so it's back to the long walk at EP for me - can't wait though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm hoping now that Forbidden Fruit don't snag Moderat as they are due to announce additions next week too, seeing that they are playing Primavera in the same weekend. Moderat don't have a booking for June 1st the Sunday of FF. I hope they play EP again but seeing that they played 2009 and the way FF works at getting previous EP acts, it might very well happen. :eek:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I'm hoping now that Forbidden Fruit don't snag Moderat as they are due to announce additions next week too, seeing that they are playing Primavera in the same weekend. Moderat don't have a booking for June 1st the Sunday of FF. I hope they play EP again but seeing that they played 2009 and the way FF works at getting previous EP acts, it might very well happen. :eek:

Never been to forbidden fruit, I'd say moderat would make me nab a ticket.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10302634_10152416253904168_8394903005017585984_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Got an email about a gig in the Button Factory on the 27th of August with Russian Circles, Emma Ruth Rundle, And So I Watch You from Afar, and Tera Melos. Would be very surprised if the majority of those weren't also on the EP line up a few days later!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

by the looks of it, all the main acts have been added

• Advertisement

So realistically who are people expecting tomorrow?

Ill go for

Damon Albarn
    Janelle Monae
    Basement Jaxx
    Tame Impala

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Chromeo
    Moderat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Damon is a dead certainty. Mogwai self-confirmed. Caribou and Chromeo near-certainties.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

So realistically who are people expecting tomorrow?

Ill go for

Damon Albarn
    Janelle Monae
    Basement Jaxx
    Tame Impala

What makes you say that?! Would love to see them.

I reckon:

The Horrors
    Interpol
    Royal Blood

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thought this announcement was today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Lykki Li, Robyn and Royksopp, Modest Mouse, Death Grips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Would LOVE robyn and modest mouse, there will be a fair amount of squealing done if they're announced :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Would LOVE robyn and modest mouse, there will be a fair amount of squealing done if they're announced :D

I'd love Robyn aswell. Although the song with royksopp isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Looking at their tour dates, it seems most of them will be on the other side of the Atlantic in August. I'd give my left one to have Death Grips there, though. Even if their last album was a bit disappointing.

• Advertisement

What makes you say that?! Would love to see them.

I reckon:

The Horrors
    Interpol
    Royal Blood

Well maybe its more wishful thinking that Tame Impala would play:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement