Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Were Clean Bandit on the original lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Wow, that was disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Oh crumbs...

Some might feel differently, but I really wish SOC would just shag off... Sick of her...

I'll take horrors, mogwai, ham sandwich and James Murphy...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Blondie, Sinead O'Connor, Mogwai, James Murphy, Kelis, Neneh Cherry, The Horrors, Duke Dumont, Twin Shadow, Ham Sandhich, Clean Bandit, Drenge, The Orwells, Glass Animals, Wolf Alice, The Districts, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vancouver Sleep Clinic, Vaults, Benjamin Booker, Moko.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/onewayo...hagetchagetcha

Happy with a few of those but not overly blown away. Didn't Sinead play last year too?

Few I've never even heard of Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vancouver Sleep Clinic etc but gonna try check 'em out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

James Murphy, Mogwai and Drenge the only ones that I really have an interest in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Were Clean Bandit on the original lineup?

I only noticed them now actually aswell

They will be great for that one song everyone is sick of!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Sinead o Conner is like Donal Dineen at that this stage at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

am i right in thinking Bacardi can still pull out a strong line up yeah ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rfrip wrote: »
    I only noticed them now actually aswell

They will be great for that one song everyone is sick of!!!

Ha. I actually really like that song, but I know what you mean.

I heard them on Sunday Brunch the other morning and apparently the 3 members of the group are classically trained musicians that just happen to do dance music at the moment. They played their new song and it was decent enough, no dance beat though, but I'd imagine the actual release does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

2012 had the weakest lineup EP has ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

This post has been deleted.

This is like an old school EP lineup :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I thought EP wasnt all about the music :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Eod100 wrote: »
    Blondie, Sinead O'Connor, Mogwai, James Murphy, Kelis, Neneh Cherry, The Horrors, Duke Dumont, Twin Shadow, Ham Sandhich, Clean Bandit, Drenge, The Orwells, Glass Animals, Wolf Alice, The Districts, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vancouver Sleep Clinic, Vaults, Benjamin Booker, Moko.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/onewayo...hagetchagetcha

Happy with a few of those but not overly blown away. Didn't Sinead play last year too?

Few I've never even heard of Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vancouver Sleep Clinic etc but gonna try check 'em out

She appeared with John Grant last year, will be visiting other stages while she is on, thats for sure.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

A bit disappointed myself, something very bland about that announcement, ah well at least I have life festival in a couple of weeks for my techno and house fix!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Is it really that bad, when you look at the lineup overall? If they had staggered the big names of the first announcement we probably wouldn't be so disappointed. I don't like Blondie so there's no major excitement there for me, and I'm a bit gutted that Damon Albarn isn't there, but with Body and Soul still to announce I'm confident there will always be something good to attend.

It is completely underwhelming though…..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Theinsideman

this is bullsh!t, where are the "big name" acts....blonde...ffs. The EP boys would want to get their sh!t together unless they want to go the same way as oxygen.

Do they actually expect people to pay big money to see this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

UMO are quite good. Been getting plenty of radio plays in the UK. VSC i've never heard before but sound like they're in the bon iver / Volcano Choir mould.
    Didn't Sinead play last year too?

She came on stage with John Grant. It's been 2-3 years since she played I think

Blondie, Sinead O'Connor, Mogwai, James Murphy, Kelis, Neneh Cherry, The Horrors, Duke Dumont, Twin Shadow, Ham Sandwich, Clean Bandit, Drenge, The Orwells, Glass Animals, Wolf Alice, The Districts, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vancouver Sleep Clinic, Vaults, Benjamin Booker, Moko.
    Reasonable announcement. Could have been much better though. So much for Damon Albarn and Chromeo being a shoe in.
    Disappointed Public Service Broadcasting weren't announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

this is bullsh!t, where are the "big name" acts....blonde...ffs. The EP want to get their **** together unless they want to go the same way as oxygen.

Do they actually expect people to pay big money to see this ****.

I'm sure they'll miss you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Could have been much better though. So much for Damon Albarn and Chromeo being a shoe in.

Yeah. So what do we reckon for Chromeo now, pulled out? Hardly still being held back for another announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Sinead will be brilliant…..

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll miss you anyway.

hey i know im venting, but what the fu@k are they doing....people just wont go and that will be the end of EP...no one wants that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah. So what do we reckon for Chromeo now, pulled out? Hardly still being held back for another announcement.
    There's more announcements to come, and Chromeo aren't that big, so I wouldn't rule them out.
    hey i know im venting, but what the fu@k are they doing....people just wont go and that will be the end of EP...no one wants that!
    Take a few deep breaths buddy. The line-up is still pretty sweet, and there's plenty more to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I think it's a great lineup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sinead O'Connor eh? Gavin Friday must be busy that weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

people will go. people who love music, not just 'big names'

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

maximoose wrote: »

Yea looking like that since their last european tour date is in July . Although maybe there is a small chance of them being in the next announcement.

With Duke Dumont low down on the poster cant see him doing the late night slot

I think it's a great lineup :)

personal preferences aside...from a sustainable economic perspective this lineup is suicide. you need big name acts to attract Joe Public. There are not enough skinny jeans wearing commies to to keep it going

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Yea looking like that since their last european tour date is in July . Although maybe there is a small chance of them being in the next announcement.

With Duke Dumont low down on the poster cant see him doing the late night slot

Is James Murphy likely to play LCD Soundsystem's hits? If so he could probably fill that slot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Very meh about the new announcement. Only want to see Blondie and Ham sandwich, and I've seem em both before a few times :( was reallllllly hoping for qotsa but seeing them in Belfast so not too disappointed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement