Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah. So what do we reckon for Chromeo now, pulled out? Hardly still being held back for another announcement.

Yeah they were probably signed up but then pulled out some time between Portishead getting their poster thing and the initial announcement. Probably got a better offer to play somewhere in the US instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

ww.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/sinead-oconnor-blondie-nenah-cherry-electric-picnic-reveals-hosts-of-new-acts-added-to-summer-festival-lineup-30270062.html

Still missing a few big name DJ's and electronic acts......

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

personal preferences aside...from a sustainable economic perspective this lineup is suicide

You're spouting some unbelievable sh*te. Have you been to EP before?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Theinsideman

You're spouting some unbelievable sh*te. Have you been to EP before?

this would have been my 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Annie Mac for the Saturday night dance act imo. Depends what set she goes with -

• Advertisement

Is James Murphy likely to play LCD Soundsystem's hits? If so he could probably fill that slot?
    No, he'll be DJing and play mostly funk/disco tracks.
    Might get an LCD remix if we're lucky.

No chance of getting an oxygen crowd crossover with that line up!

I'm reasonably happy with Blondie, James Murphy, Kelis and Neneh Cherry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Chic are a lock for the Saturday night slot now. Wouldn't make sense to pick anyone else on the lineup.

No chance of getting an oxygen crowd crossover with that line up!

I'm reasonably happy with Blondie, James Murphy, Kelis and Neneh Cherry.

ha no chance of getting ANYONE crossing to that rubbish

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Annie Mac for the Saturday night dance act imo. Depends what set she goes with -

Doubt it, they've always put live dance acts on there, not DJs, and certainly not as small as Annie Mac, who plays to a few hundred people whenever she's in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

ha no chance of getting ANYONE crossing to that rubbish

You seem to be insulted by the whole thing

Troll alert.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Chic are a lock for the Saturday night slot now. Wouldn't make sense to pick anyone else on the lineup.
    Yep, either that or just ditch putting a dance-y act on last altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VelvetVicks

Sure there'll be more announcements, it's not the end of the world!

Ok look, I love EP. I really really do, a lot of the smaller acts this year have me very excited. But come on guys you have to admit this is a bit worrying for the future of the festival. Big names are needed to pull in the crowds, not an opinion a fact.

No, he'll be DJing and play mostly funk/disco tracks.
    Might get an LCD remix if we're lucky.

His set from the Boiler Room in London:

1.Begin – Elate
    2. Floorplan - We Magnify His Name
    3. Young Marco Darwin In Bhia
    4. Chicago Transit Authority "I'm a Man" (Rub'n'Tug Edit)
    5. Monsieur D - Hot Love on Noid
    6. Virgo Four It's a Crime ( Caribou Remix )
    7. Pixeltan – Yamearena
    8. Weekend Express - Going to Chicago
    9. Todd Terje – Ragysh
    10. David Bowie - Without You

Looks like you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's alright.

I would be very surprised if it sells out though. I can't see anyone on that lineup to bring in day tickets. Anyone who is going to this will go for the weekend.

Underwhelming considering the names thrown around (would have liked at least one of Moderat or Chromeo) but it's still a good lineup IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Ugh, ok so no real big names, blondie will be good for a bop, really looking forward to kelis tbh, she's had a good few stompers, just hope she's put in a tent and not main stage. Sure maybe Andre will tip over and do millionaire with her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

Tis a right old pity Kelis split up with the husband, if she had brought him over I'd have the ticket bought by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

An announcement that was exactly as I expected... some good solid bands that bulk up the afternoon slots and later slots on the smaller stages. Now just to wait for the Summer announcements that are usually littered with gems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    Tis a right old pity Kelis split up with the husband, if she had brought him over I'd have the ticket bought by now!

I never even considered Nas, that would be beyond awesome his performance looked incredible at Coachella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Feck, just listening to an Annie mac mix, yes please! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

There are not enough skinny jeans wearing commiesto to keep it going

Hehehe it's been a while since I've genuinely LOL'd but that set me off nicely, cheers! :D

Apart from Mogwai I'm very much disappointed - having said that I don't usually get enthused about a festival until the smaller acts are announced (I nearly <insert inappropriate euphemism here> in my skirt when the Castlepalooza line up was announced) so there's hope yet (for me) with the smaller stages TBA.

However, I know once I'm there and in the festive spirit O'Connor and Blondie will be great craic - esp. seeing as my mom is an almost religious devotee of O'Connor, should be interesting to have that psychological minefield prodded at. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Roddy23 wrote: »

Annie mac would be fecking awesome on the late night Saturday slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

They should come up with a tagline of sorts to appeal to a wider demographic. Something along the lines of......
    Electric Picnic 2014: Because parents needs a day out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

YES!!!!!!!!

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    They should come up with a tagline of sorts to appeal to a wider demographic. Something along the lines of......
    Electric Picnic 2014: Because parents needs a day out too.

now THATS funny...and true

YES!!!!!!!!

she sings in the Harbour Bar in Bray every other month. Not really headline stuff is she. hasn't been relevant for 2 decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Annie Mac will in her hoop be closing the main stage. Jesus Christ this is ridiculous. There's no law saying electronic music is last on the main stage every year. It's happened a lot, but it's a big dance act they're looking at, not a DJ to appease the hardcore fans and clear the rest out of the arena.

• Advertisement

joking aside does anyone actually know why there are no big acts? lack of funds, bad reputations? any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement