Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

when i fIrst heard the second announcement I was a little bit underwhelmed but on a positive note..My one regret from last year was I spent too much time at the main stage & the woods, Im looking forward to a bit more wandering this year, the wailers im very excited about checking out, presuming they will be in trench town? Also I would LOVE to see hermitage green added to the line up again, saw them last year on the sunday afternoon (absolutely DYING) and they really got the crowd going, my hangover melted away, CRACKING BAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

when i fIrst heard the second announcement I was a little bit underwhelmed but on a positive note..My one regret from last year was I spent too much time at the main stage & the woods, Im looking forward to a bit more wandering this year, the wailers im very excited about checking out, presuming they will be in trench town? Also I would LOVE to see hermitage green added to the line up again, saw them last year on the sunday afternoon (absolutely DYING) and they really got the crowd going, my hangover melted away, CRACKING BAND!

Last time they played I think in 2009 they played both, they played the main stage on Sunday afternoon and played in one of the Trenchtown stages on Saturday night, so probably will be the same this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Prodigy could still get added as they will need some levy when the price goes up to 230 odd, it makes sense and would probably be after the Marquee gig. EP has done this a few times added big names quite late in the announcement. I've just checked their site again and their tour ends the weekend of 23rd August, so perhaps Benito thats the actual end of their tour or a shock announcement to shift the dearer tickets.

Yea good point they will need a big announcment to make people pay the 230 price , so it was better to do a smaller less massive announcement now and then the last one to have a few more biggish acts

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Yea good point they will need a big announcment to make people pay the 230 price , so it was better to do a smaller less massive announcement now and then the last one to have a few more biggish acts

Sounds like some good wishful thinking there! Hope you're right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

maximoose wrote: »
    I've witnessed plenty of these people at every Picnic since 2006.

Oxegen was pretty great 2004-2008ish. It's a shame it'll only be remembered for the ****storm it became after that.

Very true, like a lot of other people here I started out going to Oxegen since it began in 2004. 2009 was the last great one I think. Went to it in 2010, seemed to be more of a rough crowd by then. (or maybe I had outgrown it) Anyway went to my first picnic the same year, swore never to go to Oxegen again. Turns out my timing was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hugeglobe

Would it be out of the question to still hope that moderat will be added?

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Would it be out of the question to still hope that moderat will be added?

Well the good news is that they weren't announced for FF and these dates are still vacant around Picnic time, so perhaps they are waiting for the last early bird deadline of July 2nd I think before making an impressive announcement to go with the final price increase, hopefully the Prodigy are in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Odd that Damon Albarn hasn't been listed for any Irish festival yet. I hope he at least does a gig here, would be ridiculous not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

endainoz wrote: »
    Very true, like a lot of other people here I started out going to Oxegen since it began in 2004. 2009 was the last great one I think. Went to it in 2010, seemed to be more of a rough crowd by then. (or maybe I had outgrown it) Anyway went to my first picnic the same year, swore never to go to Oxegen again. Turns out my timing was perfect.

Not exactly, you missed 2004-2008 Electric Picnic's.

The Golden Age :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

Not exactly, you missed 2004-2008 Electric Picnic's.

The Golden Age :pac:

Nah man I reckon I would have been too young to appreciate how good it was. Timing was perfect to leave oxegen because it was on the way down by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Odd that Damon Albarn hasn't been listed for any Irish festival yet. I hope he at least does a gig here, would be ridiculous not to.

Apparently "ticket sales are doing (too) well and Albarn is expensive but still on the radar."

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Apparently "ticket sales are doing (too) well and Albarn is expensive but still on the radar."

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

So folks, I know it might of been asked already but has the main dance act been announced yet? I'm slightly confused

So folks, I know it might of been asked already but has the main dance act been announced yet? I'm slightly confused

This is my guess http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90386760&postcount=2874 I think when tickets go to full price you will see some big announcements possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

For some reason I read that as: So folks, I know I might have been naked already...

I give up. Bring me to the Picnic now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

endainoz wrote: »
    Nah man I reckon I would have been too young to appreciate how good it was. Timing was perfect to leave oxegen because it was on the way down by then.

Trust me, your timing is always perfect to leave oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

This is my guess http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90386760&postcount=2874 I think when tickets go to full price you will see some big announcements possibly.

You're nothing if not optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

this could be just a rumor but a friend of a friend who works with the event management said that Fatboy Slim is headlining the Sunday and he had Laois on his tour dates on his website but removed it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

byrneg28 wrote: »
    this could be just a rumor but a friend of a friend who works with the event management said that Fatboy Slim is headlining the Sunday and he had Laois on his tour dates on his website but removed it

It is a rumour. I'd say it's also not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

byrneg28 wrote: »

I hope this isnt true, Wasn't mad about him last year. Would much prefer basement jaxx or the prodigy.

• Advertisement

That would be dreadful. And there is absolutely categorically no way he would sell more tickets than OutKast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Fatboy slim has always, ALWAYS, been ****....

Dance music for people who wouldn't know a twelve inch from a frisbee...

His album Half-way Between the Gutter and the Stars had a couple of decent tracks on it, but 95% of what he's released is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

For some reason I read that as: So folks, I know I might have been naked already...

I give up. Bring me to the Picnic now.

I've been laughing away to myself all day about that post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

when do they annouce who is on sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What a sh!te announcement. Sinead O Conner ffs does she still dress up as a priest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Sinead O Connor is probably well up there with the acts that I least want to see, ever.

Sinead O Connor is probably well up there with the acts that I least want to see, ever.

There will be always be something you fancy at another stage when she is on and if there isn't come up by me at the Hendrix campsite and listen to my boogie box of tunes or maybe I might entertain with a song on the bodhran. Sure it could have been worse they might have booked the Cranberries or the Heathers :D

Prefer to see the Cranberries over Sinead o connor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

so will there be another announcement of acts over nxt few months?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement