Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

i would think the next announcement will be when the tickets have gone up in price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Sure it could have been worse they might have booked... the Heathers :D

I'm sure they're lovely girls, but nails on a blackboard they are to my ears...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Wouldn't mind seeing Ty Segall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Any chance of Michael Jackson playing? He has a new album coming out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Basement Jaxx will release 'Junto', their seventh studio record, on August 25.

The album is the follow up to 'Zephyr', which arrived back in 2009, and has been preceded by a new song, Unicorn.

https://soundcloud.com/basement-jaxx/unicorn/s-vScEe

Please Please Please book them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

that Unicorn track doesnt sound like Basement Jaxx at all. where is the quirkiness? hopefully itll grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

There will be always be something you fancy at another stage when she is on and if there isn't come up by me at the Hendrix campsite and listen to my boogie box of tunes or maybe I might entertain with a song on the bodhran. Sure it could have been worse they might have booked the Cranberries or the Heathers :D

Can you play wonder wall on the Bodhran? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Annie Mac is gonna rock picnic..she's pretty impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Annie Mac is gonna rock picnic..she's pretty impressive!

I remember her set from that House Party thing channel 4 did last year. Amazing. She killed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Looking forward to seeing her as well. Seen her in Ibiza a few times and she was great. There's a few on the line-up that she's had on her Sunday night show the last few months. Sohn def is one I want to catch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah really looking forward to her too, that set she played for C4 was pretty awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

New Basement Jaxx song is great. Scars and Zephyr were probably their most cohesive works to date, so hopefully more of the same on Junto, as opposed to Crazy Itch Radio and Kish Kash's patchiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Looking forward to seeing Jungle

Check this out

Rock En Seine announced:
    The Hives, La Roux, Trentemøller, The Horrors, Mac DeMarco, Cut Copy, Wild Beasts, Cage The Elephant, Cloud Nothings, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, Royal Blood, Clean Bandit, The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger, Tiger Bell, To Kill A King et Giana Factory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Rock En Seine announced:

Some nice acts there I'd like to see at EP - Cage the Elephant - they played a brilliant backup to Foals back in the Olympia earlier in the year. Trentemoller and Royal Bloods would also beef up the lineup nicely.

Rock En Seine announced:

"La Roux" Jeaaaasus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Cloud Nothings please.

Would love to see Libertines added but not sure if they will

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Would love to see Libertines added but not sure if they will

Was thinking the same thing, looks like they're doing at least some festivals. They would probably cost too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Carl and Pete are getting a £1 million each for playing BST... and that's after tax! No way in f*ck they'll be playing EP unfortunately :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That is nuts. Never got their appeal, incredibly overrated IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Carl and Pete are getting a £1 million each for playing BST... and that's after tax! No way in f*ck they'll be playing EP unfortunately :-(

Think it's a million between them both, 500k a piece. Can't see them getting paid that much for Bennicassim as well though. Still a very slim chance they could get added to EP....at least I'm hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Speaking of booking costs, anyone here see this beauty yet:

http://priceonomics.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-book-your-favorite-band/

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Speaking of booking costs, anyone here see this beauty yet:

http://priceonomics.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-book-your-favorite-band/

:eek:

Tame Impala only 10k get them for picnic puleaseeeeee! Although Id doubt the accuracy if a lot of that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Tame Impala only 10k get them for picnic puleaseeeeee! Although Id doubt the accuracy if a lot of that list.

They did say at the start themselves it seems a bit odd and some of it could be greatly inflated to pre-counter bartering. It's still quite interesting to see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lop11

SBTRKT announced some summer dates on FB. There's a gap between Leeds on 24/08 and Bestival on 06/09.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

My mates have got the idea that a campervan is the way to go. They reckon they can get a four berth for 400/450 for the weekend.

I've always camped at previous Picnics and as I have to go back on Sunday night anyway I think I'll bring my own car and camp instead. Funds are tight enough as it is.

Anyone done both [campervan and camping] and what would you recommend?

Yea that one really jumped out at me too!!
    Come on only €0.30 on every ticket!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

lop11 wrote: »
    SBTRKT announced some summer dates on FB. There's a gap between Leeds on 24/08 and Bestival on 06/09.

10155121_10152475308815152_6781981258199768844_n.jpg

Body & Soul announce him to play at EP? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    My mates have got the idea that a campervan is the way to go. They reckon they can get a four berth for 400/450 for the weekend.

I've always camped at previous Picnics and as I have to go back on Sunday night anyway I think I'll bring my own car and camp instead. Funds are tight enough as it is.

Anyone done both [campervan and camping] and what would you recommend?
    haven't done it, but looked into renting one a few times before, and it cost a lot more than 450, many places were already booked out for EP weekend months in advance too, or prices were jacked up compared to the following weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement