Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'd like to see the Hives added from Rock en Seine.
    From that list on what bands cost, it's a shame they don't have Beck or Portishead. Big Boi was around 50k was it? Guess OutKast would be up in the 250k + area.
    I agree that Tame Impala for 10k is a steal, as are The Antlers and Danny Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    My mates have got the idea that a campervan is the way to go. They reckon they can get a four berth for 400/450 for the weekend.

I've always camped at previous Picnics and as I have to go back on Sunday night anyway I think I'll bring my own car and camp instead. Funds are tight enough as it is.

Anyone done both [campervan and camping] and what would you recommend?

I've done both, camping is the way to go. The campervan area is way too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

closer to €450 for this weekend for a camper van. probably double for EP weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Jungle

Check this out

Can't listen to that anymore, thanks TXFM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Can't listen to that anymore, thanks TXFM.

Same exact thought went through my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think I might be getting slightly obsessed with St. Vincent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

endainoz wrote: »
    I think I might be getting slightly obsessed with St. Vincent

She's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Not bad at football either.

http://vimeo.com/85067428

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

She may just be the perfect woman, but by obsessed I was on about the talent really. New album is fantastic! (though it is a nice bonus that shes nice looking)

Aphex Twin doing a set at Glasto, not sure if that puts him in the frame for a possibility at EP. I'm sure there are others who would have a better idea than me but throwing it out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Oh lawd, am in love

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Aphex Twin doing a set at Glasto, not sure if that puts him in the frame for a possibility at EP. I'm sure there are others who would have a better idea than me but throwing it out there.

i dont see him on the Glasto line up at all....what stage? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

garrkell wrote: »
    i dont see him on the Glasto line up at all....what stage? :confused:

http://www.wanging.com/party/party.html

Sorry forgot to post the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

\m/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Paylay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Is it ok to bring your own cans and food into the campsite at EP? and also, is there cider for sale at any of the bars on site or is it all beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

D.Q wrote: »
    Is it ok to bring your own cans and food into the campsite at EP? and also, is there cider for sale at any of the bars on site or is it all beer?

Yeah man you can bring your own food and cans. As for cider I'm not too sure, there was definitely wine and I think Carlsberg...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

D.Q wrote: »

You can bring your own drink into the campsite, as long as it's not in a glass bottle.

There was no cider, ale or stout on sale at the bars last year.
    There is an off license in the main campsite, and that might sell bulmers but i can't remember.

There was Heineken, Tiger and Paulaner (I think it was €5.50 for Heineken/Tiger and €6 for Paulaner).
    There's a wine/prosecco bar, and there's a Bacardi bar too, that sells cocktails.
    I think it was €15 for a half bottle of prosecco, €7ish for a glass, and it was €8.50 for the cocktails that were 90% ice.

tbh the prices are an absolute disgrace, and it was one of my main gripes. Well that and the sh!tty selection.

You can bring your own cans / spirits into the main arena after 10.30pm, which is pretty good in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tbh the prices are an absolute disgrace, and it was one of my main gripes. Well that and the sh!tty selection.
    Always surprises me that the drink selection is so bad considering how good the food selection is. Although, I'd imagine that has a lot to do with sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Always surprises me that the drink selection is so bad considering how good the food selection is. Although, I'd imagine that has a lot to do with sponsorship.

€€€€€€€€€€€€

BaZmO* wrote: »

That's it.
    In the past, there were craft beer and cider stalls. That's all gone now due to the Heineken sponsorship.
    Heineken have stouts, ciders and ales in their range though, so even if they weren't 'craft beers' at least there would be a better selection.
    They own Beamish and murphys, so that's the stout and ale (murphys) taken care of. They own strongbow and other cider brands too.

If they knocked 50c-75c off the price of a beer, they'd see far more traffic at the bars. The bars have been pretty dead in the last few years.
    Getting rid of the speigeltent was a shame too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

That's it.
    In the past, there were craft beer and cider stalls. That's all gone now due to the Heineken sponsorship.
    Heineken have stouts, ciders and ales in their range though, so even if they weren't 'craft beers' at least there would be a better selection.
    They own Beamish and murphys, so that's the stout and ale (murphys) taken care of. They own strongbow and other cider brands too.

If they knocked 50c-75c off the price of a beer, they'd see far more traffic at the bars. The bars have been pretty dead in the last few years.
    Getting rid of the speigeltent was a shame too.

I don't think they sold any stout any of the years I went

Just stuff a few tins down your wellies or something.
    And beware of big ego security men, they'll take them off ya in the arena, seen one man burst a young one open with a shoulder to take her can, then her fella split ur man open with a box. They both legged it,
    Everyone was delighted for the security man

I don't think they sold any stout any of the years I went

Just stuff a few tins down your wellies or something.
    And beware of big ego security men, they'll take them off ya in the arena, seen one man burst a young one open with a shoulder to take her can, then her fella split ur man open with a box. They both legged it,
    Everyone was delighted for the security man

Always nice to see lads like that get their answer.

Pretty sure i've drank pints of beamish at it. Memory ain't what it used to be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

I've a question for anyone who's stayed in the Pink Moon campsite before - is it any craic at all? Just looking at the images of the campsites they do in various festivals, it looks like they're very ordered and regimented and, to be honest, a bit boring. One of my favourite things about festivals is the craic to be had in the campsites, with a whole load of us camped together around a communal open bit where we can all hang out and drink, and have a laugh with neighbouring groups of people, passersby, etc.

Friends of ours have booked a tent in Pink Moon for this year, so we were just looking into it. How do they allocate the tents too? Presumably we wouldn't necessarily be camped beside our friends? The two-man tents are a bit small-looking compared to the beauty we own now ourselves, so that's another reason I'm not too pushed.

Still though, clean toilets and good showers are tempting..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dowdy wrote: »
    I've a question for anyone who's stayed in the Pink Moon campsite before - is it any craic at all? Just looking at the images of the campsites they do in various festivals, it looks like they're very ordered and regimented and, to be honest, a bit boring. One of my favourite things about festivals is the craic to be had in the campsites, with a whole load of us camped together around a communal open bit where we can all hang out and drink, and have a laugh with neighbouring groups of people, passersby, etc.

Friends of ours have booked a tent in Pink Moon for this year, so we were just looking into it. How do they allocate the tents too? Presumably we wouldn't necessarily be camped beside our friends? The two-man tents are a bit small-looking compared to the beauty we own now ourselves, so that's another reason I'm not too pushed.

Still though, clean toilets and good showers are tempting..

Stayed in it last year, was on me own and pretty much just used it for sleeping, couple of people had tables and chairs and seemed to be having fun.

For groups of bodies, on their website, they have details on how to be put beside your mates when booking, worth looking at.

Clean toilets and showers are good, security is better and it's a very quick walk to the main gate which is best.

Stayed in it last year, was on me own and pretty much just used it for sleeping, couple of people had tables and chairs and seemed to be having fun.

For groups of bodies, on their website, they have details on how to be put beside your mates when booking, worth looking at.

Clean toilets and showers are good, security is better and it's a very quick walk to the main gate which is best.

Interesting. Cheers scruff. Is there a longer hike to the site from the car park though, or is there a park closer to it than the ones that service the other sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dowdy wrote: »
    Interesting. Cheers scruff. Is there a longer hike to the site from the car park though, or is there a park closer to it than the ones that service the other sites?

It was about 10 mins to the carpark, butchered map image link below
    http://imgur.com/eNqDlEM

• Advertisement

It was about 10 mins to the carpark, butchered map image link below
    http://imgur.com/eNqDlEM

10 minutes?! God above, you must be a fast walker. Every year we've gone to the Picnic we've gone to the bottom left corner of Andy Warhol on that map (far from arena but handiest to hold onto a large area for all our gang arriving at various times throughout day and not as much through-traffic), which is half as far from the car park as that route you've drawn, and if I remember correctly it always took us at least half an hour to trek in with wheelbarrows loaded with booze, backpacks, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement