Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

Did you just fill these with vodka and bring them in?

Sorry for all the questions but last year someone else had everything sorted all I had to bring in was 2 slabs of cans...not fun carrying it for 15 minutes anyway!

Get yourself a trolley or wheelbarrow man, it's needed! Or a suitcase with wheels is grand to take most of the pressure off if it's not raining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Did you just fill these with vodka and bring them in?

Sorry for all the questions but last year someone else had everything sorted all I had to bring in was 2 slabs of cans...not fun carrying it for 15 minutes anyway!

Aldi have trolleys at the moment, large wheels, well worth the 20quid

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-22nd-may/products-detail-page/ps/p/carry-truck/

I use the empty bottles to replace the glass vodka bottle usually in the car park, but this type of bottle is easy'ish to smuggle in or take into the arena when the bars close.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

Used one of those trolleys last year worked very well just done forget the bungee cords handy to hold it together as your racing to the main gates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Accurate image of the start of day 2

pants-down-pass-out.jpg

I have 2 weeks off immediately after EP, after which I'm on a flight to Thailand, enjoy your office works suckers :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I hope you've been watching the news ;)

pft, it'll be graaaand by then. What's a little coup every now and then :p

Any word on how ticket sales are doing?

Still convinced they have one more act up their sleeve!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Moar announcements!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

I hope they do. I'll be going regardless but there isn't that an act there yet that I've always wanted to see. I am a fan of a lot of the artists music but have never been addicted to any of their albums.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After watching White Denim and Kelis on Jools i am now looking forward to seeing them

• Advertisement

Keywest have confirmed they are playing Jimmie Lee Juke Joint stage thing in Trailer park

After watching White Denim and Kelis on Jools i am now looking forward to seeing them

I'll be interested in seeing Kelis's "Milkshake" see what all the fuss is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It has been known to bring all the boys to the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Roisin Murphy nailed on for this

Hey lads,

Anyone any idea how much is coming out on the 1st?

And will it actually come out on the 4th because of the bank holiday weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

miller82 wrote: »
    Roisin Murphy nailed on for this

You think? She would be great in a tent. Saw her a few years ago and she was really good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

AFX confirmed for Glastonbury in the 22nd May maybe there might be a small chance of him at EP, heres hoping.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Electric Picnic
    Want to see what it is like to be part of Ireland's biggest music and arts festival? Well, volunteer applications for Electric Picnic 2014 are now open! More information about the volunteer roles and applications available here http://bit.ly/EP14volunteers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hey lads,

Anyone any idea how much is coming out on the 1st?

And will it actually come out on the 4th because of the bank holiday weekend?

is there supposed to be an announcement on the 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

is there supposed to be an announcement on the 1st?
    Think he/she is referring to the installment plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

AFX confirmed for Glastonbury in the 22nd May maybe there might be a small chance of him at EP, heres hoping.

I wonder is there any chance of a DJ set by some regular guy just playing his stuff in one of the smaller tents. Highly unlikely the man himself would come out to do EP but we can dream!

Does the fact that he's going under AFX now mean he'll only play Analord stuff at Glasto or is it irrelevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I wonder is there any chance of a DJ set by some regular guy just playing his stuff in one of the smaller tents. Highly unlikely the man himself would come out to do EP but we can dream!

Does the fact that he's going under AFX now mean he'll only play Analord stuff at Glasto or is it irrelevant?

The name is irrelevant.

Hoping to make it down to it myself but it's probably one of the smallest stages at Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

So today was ticket for myself and my mates. Getting VERY excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I see The Strypes (yawn) are confirmed for the Sunday at EP this year. It's on their tour dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I see The Strypes (yawn) are confirmed for the Sunday at EP this year. It's on their tour dates.

Thought they were quite enjoyable last year, tremendous little balls of energy and noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

H e always used AFX - for short and on his gig flyers back in the day, since the beginning!!
    My guess would be, his mates with the organisers of this stage/tent at glasto, however, I could see him stopping over!

Also, the kickstarter for the old caustic window album is over and rumours are rife that the buyers/bidders will also get a surprise - perhaps new (recent times) material or even a new album!

I see an AFX tour coming on next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

Thought they were quite enjoyable last year, tremendous little balls of energy and noise.

I'll have some of that, they gave it the beans alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't mind seeing Four Tet again at EP he was my highlight of Life Festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Wouldn't mind seeing Four Tet again at EP he was my highlight of Life Festival.

How was Life Festival? It had a great lineup but, would have love to have went but I don't have that many mates who are into that sort of music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Life was the best festival I've been to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement