Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

H e always used AFX - for short and on his gig flyers back in the day, since the beginning!!
    My guess would be, his mates with the organisers of this stage/tent at glasto, however, I could see him stopping over!

Also, the kickstarter for the old caustic window album is over and rumours are rife that the buyers/bidders will also get a surprise - perhaps new (recent times) material or even a new album!

I see an AFX tour coming on next year

Don't tease meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I would love to see 'the libertines' , 'Jake Bugg' is long overdue a picnic appearance and 'the courteeners'. The lineup needs some indie rock bands imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I would love if the weather was like this for the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Yeah the Forbidden Fruit crowd got a nice deal with the weather alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Mr.S wrote: »
    The past 2 years have been fairly decent at EP, the year before last was really hot if I remember.

Yeah I got roasted 2 years ago. And soaked the year before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mr.S wrote: »
    The past 2 years have been fairly decent at EP, the year before last was really hot if I remember.
    The Sunday was so lovely that year. Beers in the sun...oh can't wait it be back there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Weather wise the EP has a pretty good record, sure there's been patchy drizzle but only remember a handful of times where the weather had a really negative impact, 2006 almighty shower in the middle of the Fri night, Sunday night 2008 lashing rain and the Sunday 2010 a mini tropical storm.
    Some years I've gone the entire week end without willies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Does anyone else keep seeing ads saying new acts jut announced then popping onto the website to be disappointed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Weather wise the EP has a pretty good record, sure there's been patchy drizzle but only remember a handful of times where the weather had a really negative impact, 2006 almighty shower in the middle of the Fri night, Sunday night 2008 lashing rain and the Sunday 2010 a mini tropical storm.

2009 was wet enough as well on the Saturday, I made the mistake of not bringing wellies that year and ruined me shoes.:(:mad:

Fatfrog wrote: »

Orly?!

:pac:

• Advertisement

Orly?!

:pac:

Autocorrect! Thanks phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

It didn't rain last year all weekend I don't think? Pretty sure I didn't wear wellies much, if at all

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭kwat

Slightly early I know but what do you reckon the dates for 2015 will be, with the last weekend of August falling slightly earlier; 28th-30th August or 4th-6th September?
    Know in 2009 it was from the 4th-6th.
    Trying to plan around a wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

kwat wrote: »
    Slightly early I know but what do you reckon the dates for 2015 will be, with the last weekend of August falling slightly earlier; 28th-30th August or 4th-6th September?
    Know in 2009 it was from the 4th-6th.
    Trying to plan around a wedding!
    Looking at the maldron hotel portlaoise, they have the usual rip off prices for the 28th-31st aug (747 euro) and they normal 205 euro for 3 nights the following week 4th to 6th .. so i reckon that says it all ..!

exilec wrote: »
    Looking at the maldron hotel portlaoise, they have the usual rip off prices for the 28th-31st aug (747 euro) and they normal 205 euro for 3 nights the following week 4th to 6th .. so i reckon that says it all ..!

Ha - interesting.
    They could be just speculating also though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kwat wrote: »
    Ha - interesting.
    They could be just speculating also though!

If they were speculating I'd say they'd have both weekends at the rip off price. They'd take a serious hit if they got it wrong.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    If they were speculating I'd say they'd have both weekends at the rip off price. They'd take a serious hit if they got it wrong.

True - here's hoping they're right as the other weekend is out for me and missing it this year too :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Final installment plan has been paid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Just saw that Young Fathers self-confirmed (though maybe someone should tell them it's not in Dublin, Eire)

https://twitter.com/Youngfathers/status/473800105834057728/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Nice, good to see some hip hop being added.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Who are Young Fathers? And tbh most bands just say Dublin if they are playing in the Leinster area , sure at Oxegen nearly every act would mention dublin

Who are Young Fathers? And tbh most bands just say Dublin if they are playing in the Leinster area , sure at Oxegen nearly every act would mention dublin

Scottish-African hip hop act. Very experimental in their sound, they're pretty unique. Released a good album earlier in the year called 'Dead'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Scottish-African hip hop act. Very experimental in their sound, they're pretty unique. Released a good album earlier in the year called 'Dead'.

Not sure I would really define it as hip-hop, especially the last album which is a real mix of different styles.

Not sure I would really define it as hip-hop, especially the last album which is a real mix of different styles.

Can't really think of a better label for them than alternative/experimental hip hop. They're definitely unique; looking forward to seeing them.

Same happens at Slane castle "Dublin Ireland"
    Alana from Haim said "thank you London" when they played here a couple of months ago! :)

http://www.goldenplec.com/haim-olympia-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I would have loved to see Eagulls at EP this year, but I suspect that their appearance at Longitude has put an end to that. I'd like to see Brody Dalle too but I can't see that happening. I would have thought La Roux would also be a the type of band you'd see at EP but they'd just announced a gig in Dublin later in the yhear so I'd assume that rules out EP.

In terms of acts who fit the bill with what you normally associate with EP Sharon Van Etten, Mac DeMarco and rising UK band Honeyblood would seem like good matches.

There are normally a few up and coming Irish acts who are picked each year. Perhaps Sounds Of System Breakdown, Girls Names, Cork's Elastic Sleep, We Cut Corners or Sleep Thieves could make an appearance this year? Maybe Codes will make a return after their 2011 show at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

I completely forgot about the last installment coming out this week!!! Money wont be available for them to take till next week, you don't think they will cancel the order do you? In a bit of a panic here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think so no

In the reminder email last week it said:
    Dont worry! If we are unable to process payment we will be in contact with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

TXFM have been plugging all day about some BIG announcement at 5.15pm. anything to do with EP do ye reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Requin wrote: »
    It didn't rain last year all weekend I don't think? Pretty sure I didn't wear wellies much, if at all

It rained from about 11am-11.30, when I was putting my tent up! Then it stopped, and was actually really very nice!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement