Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Setup for 6 monitors (day-trading)

Options
  • 03-10-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Haven't set up this many monitors before practically.

Any recommendations on a rig to suit day trading?

I'm thinking at present, i5 cpu, 8gb ram, 128ssd and then an appropriate gpu or 2.

Finally I need a stand to mount the LCDs, 3 over 3 format that flexes so the monitors wrap around a small bit. If someone could suggest a supplier or manufacturer that would be great, preferably Irish or UK based.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

A single Radeon HD 7950 supports up to 6 monitors, price ~250 yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It depends on what way you have the monitors setup and you would need a load of active adaptors which would be expensive. You would be better off with cheaper dual graphics cards that have at least 2 dvi connections each and a display port each and then you would have to use an active display port adaptor for the last 2.

Advertisement