Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landlord in Receivership

• 03-10-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I got a letter a few weeks ago from the receiver appointed to my landlord. We were told that would be paying rent to them from now on, and that we would receive bank details and deeds of appointment within a few weeks. We received another letter a few days ago with the bank details, and we're due to pay our first month's rent to them on 6th October.

I have been in touch with the receiver by email and phone about various things (deposit, estate agent coming to view, etc) and I did ask once over email when we should expect the deeds and the bank details. He replied that we would receive the bank details the following week, but he did not mention the deeds.

So with just a few days until our rent is due, I'm wondering should we be in receipt of the deeds before making any payment, or is this necessary?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I got a letter a few weeks ago from the receiver appointed to my landlord. We were told that would be paying rent to them from now on, and that we would receive bank details and deeds of appointment within a few weeks. We received another letter a few days ago with the bank details, and we're due to pay our first month's rent to them on 6th October.

I have been in touch with the receiver by email and phone about various things (deposit, estate agent coming to view, etc) and I did ask once over email when we should expect the deeds and the bank details. He replied that we would receive the bank details the following week, but he did not mention the deeds.

So with just a few days until our rent is due, I'm wondering should we be in receipt of the deeds before making any payment, or is this necessary?

My advice is to get on to threshold. They might agree to give the receiver a call on your behalf and straighten it all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cheers. Just put the phone down after being on hold for half an hour :/ I'll have to see if I have better luck later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What do you mean deeds? Do you mean lease?

No, deeds of appointment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭camphor

I would make the first payment. After that i would deduct an amount equal to the deposit before continuing to pay the rent.

• Advertisement

camphor wrote: »
    I would make the first payment. After that i would deduct an amount equal to the deposit before continuing to pay the rent.

He told me over the phone that once they gave us notice they would waive our last month's rent in lieu of the deposit, so even though I haven't got that in writing, we're going to do that. We're entitled to 42 days' notice anyway as we've been there over 18 months.

Advertisement