Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.parcelconnect.ie("fastway couriers")

Options
  • 03-10-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

17/09/2013 I ordered delivery service -the Collection Date was: 19/09/2013 .
    Driver came one day before (18/09/2013) when parcel was not ready -I prepared parcel in 10 minutes but driver had already left.
    From that time they forgot about my order and no any news from that "SUPER FAST" service.

I asked them to cancel my order and return money back they promised they will do it on Tuesday -today is Thursday no any news again.

rubbish company -rubbish service
    very angry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Write to them. Might be an office error then bring your parcel to your local An Post office

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Guitarplayinman

If its Fastway then they are franchise businesses, Each franchisee gets an area to cover. I use them in work and to be honest, They simply just forget to call even when I send them a text to remind him. What area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Atrides

Athlone -Midlands - I already sent parcel by an post -and now ask them for refund they promised money will be returned on Tuesday - still nothing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have to ask, whats with the reference to black in the thread title?

Black service-bad service-dirty service-unclear service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Atrides wrote: »
    Black service-bad service-dirty service-unclear service.

Yeah, not a term I've heard used before by anybody ever and I dealt with customer service complaints for years in a previous job.

Based on google it also doesn't seem its a commonly used term

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

17/09/2013 I ordered delivery service -the Collection Date was: 19/09/2013 .
    Driver came one day before (18/09/2013) when parcel was not ready -I prepared parcel in 10 minutes but driver had already left.
    From that time they forgot about my order and no any news from that "SUPER FAST" service.

I asked them to cancel my order and return money back they promised they will do it on Tuesday -today is Thursday no any news again.

rubbish company -rubbish service
    very angry

Are you looking for advice or just letting off steam?
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Yeah, not a term I've heard used before by anybody ever and I dealt with customer service complaints for years in a previous job.

Me neither. Maybe a mod could change it to something clearer if there's a question in here.

Cabaal wrote: »

Definition of 'Black Money'
    Proceeds, usually received in cash, from underground economic activity. Black money is earned through illegal activity and, as such, is not taxed. Recipients of black money must hide it, spend it only in the underground economy, or attempt to give it the appearance of legitimacy through illegal money laundering.

Definition of 'Black Market'

1. The illegal business of buying or selling goods or currency in violation of restrictions such as price controls or rationing.
    2. A place where these illegal operations are carried on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

"The grey vote" is also a phrase, but we don't talk about grey service. Regardless of the semantics, do you need advice on something?

Definition of 'Black Money'
    Proceeds, usually received in cash, from underground economic activity. Black money is earned through illegal activity and, as such, is not taxed. Recipients of black money must hide it, spend it only in the underground economy, or attempt to give it the appearance of legitimacy through illegal money laundering.

Definition of 'Black Market'

1. The illegal business of buying or selling goods or currency in violation of restrictions such as price controls or rationing.
    2. A place where these illegal operations are carried on.

My point still stands,
    Black service is not at all on any level commonly used, You're just made it up. Thats why nobody knows what it refers to.

Also if you want to get technical then based on your use of the term black and then definitions you've posted you are suggesting that the fastway courier is somehow acting in an illegal operation....it is not.

So even if we accept your made up term, its a very misleading term as they provided poor service, not an illegal service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Leave the social element of this Consumer Issue alone. I have edited the thread title to remove the reference.

dudara

Advertisement