Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In a gay relationship and commenting on others

• 03-10-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Sorry couldn't think of a more appropriate tittle.

I am in a relationship with my boyfriend for some time now and was wondering if we do what everyone else does? He knows my 'taste' in guys and I know his. We often joke to each other when we see someone "Oh, you'd love him" or "You'd think hes gorgeous".

Is the something unique to same sex couples or do mixed sex couples do this also do you think?

Do you ever get 'caught' looking and if so how does your partner take it?

Just curious!
    r

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Not unique, although you might cause WWIII and mostly you don't want to recommend potential competitors...

It would also depend on how your partner would be likely to react. This could vary from being fine with it to divorce ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

You're gay, not unique.

Every couple i have ever met does this, myself included.(Straight M here BTW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Yeah we do it all the time. Can be quite funny at times! All harmless fun! Plenty of hot guys around Dublin, so its nearly everytime we are out and about the place.

What we say is you can look but not touch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭unfortunately

I'd say it depends on the couple and how comfortable they are in their relationship more so that if they are a gay couple, bi couple or straight couple. The one difference is in a gay/bi couple both members can "enjoy" checking out the hot gay/gal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Antianara

I don't particularly understand the point of the post this is not a gay phenomenon. discussing matters relating to the ego or id are universal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

Every damn day this happens. If were are around each other we both tend to point someone out every few minutes or so. Lots of good stroller meat around lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

2Shae wrote: »
    Every damn day this happens. If were are around each other we both tend to point someone out every few minutes or so. Lots of good stroller meat around lately!
    what? stroller meat? wtf?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Stroller meat - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stroller%20meat

Basily hot dads / guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

2Shae wrote: »

I dunno but I personally think thats horrible to refer to people as "meat"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Relax the cacks. It's meant to be tongue in cheek I imagine. Like "yummy mummy".

• Advertisement

Exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm clearly out of touch, I thought they were called DILFs...

Advertisement