Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhonegapBuild..opinions?

Options
  • 03-10-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I've recently ported myself over to Phonegap (just messing about at the moment) but intend using it to develop for my work.

the IDEs and configs for Phone Gap were exhausting but I managed in the end.

Ive come across PhoneGap Build..signed up..did a quick trial..seems ok...

What peoples thoughts on this type of cloud based wrapper service??
    I kinda feel it's taking some of the good out of developing??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Zipppy wrote: »
    I've recently ported myself over to Phonegap (just messing about at the moment) but intend using it to develop for my work.

the IDEs and configs for Phone Gap were exhausting but I managed in the end.

Ive come across PhoneGap Build..signed up..did a quick trial..seems ok...

What peoples thoughts on this type of cloud based wrapper service??
    I kinda feel it's taking some of the good out of developing??

No experience with the cloud wrapper but a word of caution:

You are going to run into problems with PhoneGap once your UI starts to get a reasonable amount of nested elements in the DOM.

It's not really their fault, its just that the web rendering engines on phones are obviously not on par with the native implementations.

PhoneGap has caused many a developer sleepless nights trying to battle its limitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

hey

Just messing about with this at the moment.

Built a wee android App with SQL lite to store expenses data and display to screen..a very basic APP....it's KILLING my battery...and I mean KILLING...

Anyone any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Zipppy wrote: »
    hey

Just messing about with this at the moment.

Built a wee android App with SQL lite to store expenses data and display to screen..a very basic APP....it's KILLING my battery...and I mean KILLING...

Anyone any thoughts on this?

It's impossible to tell anything without seeing some code/logs. Sounds like you have an infinite loop or a deadlock or something.

Advertisement