Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky BB and Moving Home

• 03-10-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for guidance or opinion here

We moved home last week and were on the €10 Sky BB trial package. Naturally we called up to get the home move done and were told that once the line was cancelled and released we could setup the BB in our new home.
    The OH has called maybe 5 times over the past few days to order the new connection to be told each time that the system was unavailable and they would call her the next day with an update. Needless to say there were no calls.
    When she spoke to an agent yesterday she was informed that they couldn't put us back on our old contract and we would have to sign up to the next best thing which is half price for four months. So we were being penalised for moving home.
    I called up shortly afterwards for an explanation and was told that we would be credited the difference between the old and new contracts. Fair enough I said but we would still have to sign up to another years contract which I don't want as Eircom are planning to launch the TV service early next year and I would like to keep my options open.

I have Eircom breaking down my door at the moment so should I tell Sky to take a running jump and go with the Fibre. They have messed us around the last week so I am leaning towards Eircom although its 3 times the price we were paying with Sky.

Apologies for the long post...Just confused as to what to do next

Advertisement