Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest Pubs

Options
  • 03-10-2013 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I am aware that Brew Dock are doing an Oktoberfest theme and all that but are any other pubs in Dublin doing it also? Not really keen to go to Georges Dock to sit with large crowds in a tent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The Bull & Castle are doing an 'Irishtoberfest' with a selection of brews on tap for the occasion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Porterhouse North has the Bavarian Paulaner flags outside. Had some good brews there last year. Haven't been this year as I'm just back from Germany :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Brew Dock on Amiens St have something going on too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Thanks all might just give them all a go! Pick my fave. Are they doing deals on beers or just a case of throwing German flags everywhere!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Passenger wrote: »
    The Bull & Castle are doing an 'Irishtoberfest' with a selection of brews on tap for the occasion too.

They had a great range of beers on tap for €4 last Tuesday

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    They had a great range of beers on tap for €4 last Tuesday

still going on?? whats the atmosphere like in bull and castle actually on a sat night (or any night?)

keano2012 wrote: »
    still going on?? whats the atmosphere like in bull and castle actually on a sat night (or any night?)

The beer hall starts to fill up around 10ish so if you want to get a seat, head in around 9 or before it or book a table to be sure.

Passenger wrote: »
    The beer hall starts to fill up around 10ish so if you want to get a seat, head in around 9 or before it or book a table to be sure.

to be sure!! cheers- might do that...never been there but has been on my list for a couple of years now. Recommend any other good pubs? (not mainstream!) think small players!

The Black Sheep on Capel Street is a craft beer bar and gastro pub and is owned by Galway Bay Brewery who also own the Brew Dock on Amiens Street and Against the Grain on Wexford Street. All of them do a wide range of Irish and international brews. Then you have L. Mulligan Grocer in Stoneybatter which is also a gastro pub with a wide selection of beers worth checking out too. It's popular but I don't think you'd call it mainstream.

Advertisement