Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 14 trading tips

Options
  • 03-10-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Had a quick look on boards for such a thread can't see one so if there is one mods feel free to delete it.

I thought maybe the many users here might like to create price fixings and the likes if anyone has any thoughts on that let us know!
    Anyways I have read everywhere on "tips" but I found I needed it spelt out for me so I was thinking if we stated the name of player what he can be got for and what he sells for we could help other guys get a few more coinage.

Example: Anderson can be got for between 350-800 and after a few goes on the market at 1 hour intervals can be sold easily enough at 1100. I put a buy now option of 1300 on it and he sometimes goes for that.

I've used Anderson since day 1 and after making a good bit I have moved on to Mignolet, I have bought him from as low as 2000 and went on to sell him at 4900, 5100 buy now......

Let's help each other out lads have a few more up my sleeves but if ya have any do or don'ts let us all know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Good idea mate, i bought a lot of contracts for cheap on the web app early release.. selling them all atm..

Anyone up for a price fix? easy way to make cash with right player.. x

GT: PD L mccourt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Got stung today when the markets crashed ended up selling Marcello for 7k with 20 mins left on the clock ugh,

If we were to price fix who would we target?? I'd say someone in one of the bpl top 4 teams as everyone is gonna build premier league teams, who is a good mid tiered footballer between 1-2k tops for me, when all my players get sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I was gonna price fix some silver SPL players but seems people have already done it.. did it last year and made a couple of mill... drop me a pm or something mate and we can figure it out! x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Up for some price fixing on Xbox

GT : ManDePat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Trying to price fix Anderson at the moment :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

I have made about 50k buying midfielders who come out of packs as CM's when its the new TOTW or happy hour etc position cards go way down usually about 2k to about 900 coins. buy a ton of them and pick a popular CM and change his position to a cdm and can usually make about 1k profit from each player. Have made about 50k doing this technique whenever im bothered.

Also IMO price fixing players is a totally waste of time and effort and the return on invested time is minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Be interested in hearing peoples current lists of good flipping cards. Any online list moves quickly out of date. Trying to build myself up coins to build a decent team .

Im the same man, haven't posted here as I lost my bollocks on a gamble that didn't pay off .

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

Im relatively new to UT, only played a bit of it last year so only learning some things now. What exactly is price fixing? And how do you do a trade offer? It says you have to have them as a friend or something like that but does this method actually work?

Player I've found small gains on was Flamini. Bought for about 400 I was able to get a small profit of 100-150 every time I sold him so bought a few and tried it for a few days. The market seems swamped at the moment though so need to try someone else.

I read an article that said to look out for silver rare Brazilian players. Some have stats like pace 90, dribbling 95 etc. they go for crazy, crazy money like 40k! No idea why people buy this player when a gold could have the same stats and be cheaper

gibson wrote: »
    Im relatively new to UT, only played a bit of it last year so only learning some things now. What exactly is price fixing? And how do you do a trade offer? It says you have to have them as a friend or something like that but does this method actually work?

Player I've found small gains on was Flamini. Bought for about 400 I was able to get a small profit of 100-150 every time I sold him so bought a few and tried it for a few days. The market seems swamped at the moment though so need to try someone else.

I read an article that said to look out for silver rare Brazilian players. Some have stats like pace 90, dribbling 95 etc. they go for crazy, crazy money like 40k! No idea why people buy this player when a gold could have the same stats and be cheaper

What people need to realize is, there isn't room for everyone to trade.

No disrespect to users of Boards but I'd be apprehensive about sharing my trading gains as it would limit the market even more for yourself. But I'm out of the game for a while so I'll share a little :P

Since they took away formation cards, it's really shrunk the market even further.
    Instead of having 10 different sections with each player you now just have the one. I used to concentrate on buying players in a specific formation in previous years, that's no longer an option.
    It's made the player market easier to judge and easier to keep a complete eye over.

I'd also have been a big trader on formation cards, another market now gone.

In general as a rule of thumb, I'd say avoid player markets.... avoid gold players in particular.
    I'd have advised that even last year and would doubly advise it now.
    While trying to purchase a few players for my own team this year, I noticed that the finishing prices were more or less in line with what you'd get the cheapest BIN for.... absolutely no value and when a cheap player pops up there's a couple of 100 lads lying in wait.

Find a league or small pool of players and stick to them, do this for either Silver or Bronze, forget about trying to trade any Gold players.
    For example I've been keeping an eye on Coleman and Long, I didn't bother to expand further into the Prem, this takes a while of looking.

I've been trading in Chemistry Styles now, I was doing Silver shiny contracts buying them for 200 BIN scrolling to the 59th min(didnt take long) however the arse fell out of that over a week ago(they stopped showing up for 200) and I can't sell them for 350/400 now when I was selling them for 400/500 and getting the 500.
    Not sure why I can't sell them, it makes zero sense but I couldn't be bother looking into it as if you can't get them for 200, or sell them for 400 there's no point.
    Anyway that was a tedious low gain market.

The chemistry styles can yield a bit, if you're on after 12 there's tonnes available for 250 that you can sell for 500-600(Wall, Shield, Glad, Guardian) and then Sniper/Marksman/Finisher/Sentinel for 800 and sell for 1200-1400, they don't sell instantly so patience is advised.
    I've 4 sentinels there that I can't shift, the others went a bit slower but now all I've left is 4 of them which have been up numerous times as I haven't bought in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

can we try and get this thread active
    any players i can make profit on atm?

Shabaz50 wrote: »

you can make a profit on any player.....

Man my coins have dried up just in theprocess of trying to rebuild. However iI have exams and other stuff for college so hahaven't been near it for close to two weeks! Looking forward to after Christmas where I'm hoping there will be a huge influx of cheap bargains for inexperienced players

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

i dont have the game but i got 10k in the web aoo

i dont have the game but i got 10k in the web aoo

**** you! Lucky Fecker you getting it off santy so? You could turn that into 40k in a week with some hard work.

Have to say it's tough to make the money in Fifa14. I've got experience in trading from Fifa 13, and other games that have ingame markets and the same sort of principles apply to most. I made a good few bob before launch buying up players on the cheap and listing them higher, but now the market has settled out a little.

Everyone is aware of the good players and the value of them. Unless you find an listing made in error, or get lucky from a pack, its tough to make a high margin on a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

When do the next legends packs go out? Is it like happy hour when there is a set time and date?

The reason I'm asking is because I want Alaba for my Bundesliga team and can't afford him, so everyone opening packs for legends might see a few cheaper Alabas pop up.

They are always available in packs just really low drop rate along the lines of Messi.

Anyone on xbox now and want to pricefix? I have 27k i can mess with

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    When do the next legends packs go out? Is it like happy hour when there is a set time and date?

The reason I'm asking is because I want Alaba for my Bundesliga team and can't afford him, so everyone opening packs for legends might see a few cheaper Alabas pop up.

Who do you have in that position at the moment?

Have to say my Bundesliga team is one of my favourite squads I've ever had in Fifa UT :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TheDoc wrote: »
    Who do you have in that position at the moment?

Have to say my Bundesliga team is one of my favourite squads I've ever had in Fifa UT :)

Elijaro Elia :rolleyes:

I want to play a 5-2-1-2 with Alaba and maybe Pizscek as wing backs, but for the moment I am going 3-5-2 with Elia on the left and Muller on the right.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have to say it's tough to make the money in Fifa14. I've got experience in trading from Fifa 13, and other games that have ingame markets and the same sort of principles apply to most. I made a good few bob before launch buying up players on the cheap and listing them higher, but now the market has settled out a little.

Everyone is aware of the good players and the value of them. Unless you find an listing made in error, or get lucky from a pack, its tough to make a high margin on a player.

It's mainly to do with the removal of the formation cards.

While it makes squad building so much easier for the players, it also reduces the amount of different ways you'd search for a player so people only have to learn one price now.

If you're on PS there's room to trade silver prem players, I switched to XB1 and the prices of the players compared to PS just makes it a waste of time so I'm purely sticking to consumables and doubling my small investment each time.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Elijaro Elia :rolleyes:

I want to play a 5-2-1-2 with Alaba and maybe Pizscek as wing backs, but for the moment I am going 3-5-2 with Elia on the left and Muller on the right.

I'm using Schmelzer as my left back. Great pace and works lovely on overlaps. Oddly most people I know are making BPL and La Liga teams this year, not alot of Bundesliga around.

This one is mine

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/2937044/

Sub 15k to make and I have over 85% winrate against real opponents. This was my first squad and let me win alot of cups and stuff to build additional teams. Draxler imo is one of the best Gold non-rares in the game

I had plans to integrate Gotze and Reus, but they are just SO expensive, for minimal upgrades. Give us a goo at yours :D

slowly starting to price fix sanchez (barca) can be got around 1000-1400 gonna put him between 9-10k (rediculous price iknow but if we flood it people will buy him) also with coming up to xmas might look at stock pilling another player for resale after the flood of new players. cheap players but with a big name anyone cheap in the top 5 british clubs.....help on sanchez if you would like lads money top be made

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bbroph

Alright lads
    Im glad I stumbled across this forum haven't been able to find anyone who plays ut, couple of tips here already even though the market has crashed since tots came out and got lucky and tots Silva in pack and built my dream bundeliga team, was looking for people who play on Xbox don't have any friends that play online, would really appreciate it lads

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

bbroph wrote: »
    Alright lads
    Im glad I stumbled across this forum haven't been able to find anyone who plays ut, couple of tips here already even though the market has crashed since tots came out and got lucky and tots Silva in pack and built my dream bundeliga team, was looking for people who play on Xbox don't have any friends that play online, would really appreciate it lads
    Xbox or Xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bbroph

gotthebug wrote: »
    Xbox or Xbox one

Xbox 360 mate

Advertisement