Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash Cheque abroad

Options
  • 03-10-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have a small problem. I work for Ryanair in Sweden, and few days ago I got a cheque from my company of 200€. The cheque has been issued by Bank of Ireland, and I have an account in the same bank where I get my salary every month. The problem is that as I'm abroad, It's imposible for me to go to Ireland and get the money in my account, and if I do it, the travel there would be more expensive than the cheque itself. Is there any chance to get the money online or maybe by posting the cheque to the office in Ireland?? 

Thank you very much in advance.
    Kind regards
    Antonio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Antonio, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.

One option might be to ask your company if they can cancel the cheque and transfer directly to your bank account. 

It is also possible to post the cheque to your branch. 
    A full list of branch postal addresses can be found here

I hope this helps

Billy

Advertisement