Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VIDEO: it's all mad serious on these supply vessels...

Options
  • 03-10-2013 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

I saw this, and thought of you guys:

The ginger lad with the glasses at 2:40 looks deeply uncomfortable with the whole experience :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Thanks for the video link.

Been on the Peridot a number of times. Although never thought of her as a supply vessel.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

323 wrote: »
    Been on the Peridot a number of times. Although never thought of her as a supply vessel.

I was just going by what it says here:
    http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=257245000

What is she really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

My paperwork whenever there had her listed as OCV, Offshore Construction Vessel. Doing installation/construction/ROV/survey work.

Seems to be quite a number of different designations for these vessels built on essentially the same series of hull designs. Although remember being on her close to sister, the Pearl, one of the bridge officers/DPO's referring to her as an MPSV, Multi Purpose Supply Vessel. Although had the capability, she never did any supply work.

Semantics I guess.

Some of the DPO's post here would have a better idea.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

323 wrote: »
    My paperwork whenever there had her listed as OCV, Offshore Construction Vessel. Doing installation/construction/ROV/survey work.

Seems to be quite a number of different designations for these vessels built on essentially the same series of hull designs. Although remember being on her close to sister, the Pearl, one of the bridge officers/DPO's referring to her as an MPSV, Multi Purpose Supply Vessel. Although had the capability, she never did any supply work.

Semantics I guess.

Some of the DPO's post here would have a better idea.

Most vessels are born as supply vessels,but depending on contract they get extended and extra crane fitted,helideck,accommodations sometimes added etc.
    This vessel is a Multi purpose vessels,she can do most things like you said.
    Although she's not doing any supply duties,she is well capable of doing so if needed.
    This one is a extended P105 design.
    I was captain on the AHTS Bourbon surf and Bourbon borgstein in Egypt,the sister ship of the Bourbon Peridot,the Bourbon Pearl also operated in the same area as us.

http://www.ulstein.com/Kunder/ulstein/cms66.nsf/pages/DESIGNSOLUTIONSOFFSHORESUPPORTVESSELS.html?Open&main=&product=9b8a09bb5aaa9354c12576a90040c633&info=152F42CFD8632B31C12576AC003D965A&fil=/kunder/ulstein/mm.nsf/lupgraphics/ULSTEIN_P105_960x230px.jpg/$file/ULSTEIN_P105_960x230px.jpg

Advertisement