Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cdbrock

• 03-10-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have cut down a very high escallonia macrantha hedge and I am left with the stumps, some between 3 to 5 inches in diameter just above the ground. Impractical to dig out the roots. Any thing I could use to kill them ? cdbrock

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

cdbrock wrote: »
    I have cut down a very high escallonia macrantha hedge and I am left with the stumps, some between 3 to 5 inches in diameter just above the ground. Impractical to dig out the roots. Any thing I could use to kill them ? cdbrock

Try painting on some neat round up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Just to add to this - scar the tops of the butts and paint on the neat round up

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cdbrock

thanks, I'll ty that. Top of stumps are fairly rough anyhow as I had to get them to above stage with an axe.

Advertisement