Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insurance: Live in South, Vet in North

• 03-10-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time lurker and have posted a few times with my old boards tag but just wanted to ask a question about Pet Insurance specifically to those who live close to the border with Northern Ireland.
    We live in the South but our Vet is in the North (we live close to the border). We have recently grown our furry family from 2 to 3 dogs and since they're all finally chipped and spayed, I want to take out insurance on them.

My query:
    1. Do I have to go with an Irish company as I live in the Rep but will they accept my Northern Vet?

2. Can I insure in the North even though I live in R.O.I but Vet is northern.

Eugh, I know that neither will probably work. It's such a hassle :( The reason I chose my vet is because my oldest dogs Granny and Daddy both go there so he knows the dogs history and he's generally a really good vet compared to the local ones here.

Any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd call the insurance companies to be sure - last think you need is them cancelling the policy when you need it most. I'm pretty sure a poster on here had that used as an excuse for not paying for an operation in NI - the poor dog had died before getting the operation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tunage

Thanks tk123 :-)

The only company that I phoned was Tesco as they had the best deal for our 3 hounds and they DO accept vets in the North.

Woo hoo!

Advertisement