Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer under rent accomodation scheme

Options
  • 03-10-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am looking for information on how to proceed for a transfer of accomodation under RAS in North County Dublin. Currently on the 3rd year of my 5 year contract I recently gave birth to twins (boy and girl) and was told by the accomodation dpt that a transfer will not be possible until the end of my contract (in 2 years).
    But the 2 bed appartment is now too small with the addition of the twins.

Tjanks in advance for your input and advise in the matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Oyane wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for information on how to proceed for a transfer of accomodation under RAS in North County Dublin. Currently on the 3rd year of my 5 year contract I recently gave birth to twins (boy and girl) and was told by the accomodation dpt that a transfer will not be possible until the end of my contract (in 2 years).
    But the 2 bed appartment is now too small with the addition of the twins.

Tjanks in advance for your input and advise in the matter.
    Unless you have other children you should stay put as if you move then the council may wash their hands of you as you have taken yourself off their scheme. If you have a third child then maybe contact your local representatives and see if they can work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oyane

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Unless you have other children you should stay put as if you move then the council may wash their hands of you as you have taken yourself off their scheme. If you have a third child then maybe contact your local representatives and see if they can work for you.

Thanks for this I actually forgot to mention that the total number of children in the flat is now 3 ( with my first child).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Your probably better off waiting for the lease to expire as the baby's (congratulations) won't really need extra space with the exceptions of two cots in the main bedroom for a while at least ,and space for an awkward sized double buggy if I'm correct ,
    The councils can be very picky about stuff like breaking leases there providing in a way ,

I fully understand your situation as we have two small kids in an apartment one rooms isn't big enough for two separate beds and bunks are out of the question,
    It may be worth speaking to the council before you do anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Oyane wrote: »
    Thanks for this I actually forgot to mention that the total number of children in the flat is now 3 ( with my first child).
    Is there anyone in the HSE who could possibly help as you are now over-occupying the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oyane

Gatling wrote: »
    Your probably better off waiting for the lease to expire as the baby's (congratulations) won't really need extra space with the exceptions of two cots in the main bedroom for a while at least ,and space for an awkward sized double buggy if I'm correct ,
    The councils can be very picky about stuff like breaking leases there providing in a way ,

I fully understand your situation as we have two small kids in an apartment one rooms isn't big enough for two separate beds and bunks are out of the question,
    It may be worth speaking to the council before you do anything

Thanks Gatling it can be very tricky indeed. For the moment the twins are sharing a cot in my room as its quite small and the other room is too small to add a cot bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

For a couple of years the kids won't mind at all. It's really just you that'll be bothered by the tight space but I'm sure the bundles of joy will more than make up for it :-)

My partner, our baby and I share a 1 bed apartment at the moment and we'll stay here until he turns 2 when we'll have saved enough to take out a manageable mortgage on a house in the suburbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Immaculata

I guess you could ring them again and request that your case be looked at again in terms of overcrowding, but since your lease ends in two years anyway, I imagine they wouldn't be prioritising you.

Congratulations, btw. :)

Advertisement