Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Play Cards in Ireland

Options
  • 03-10-2013 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

I've browsed alot on line about Google Play cards and can't seem to come up with any definitive answer, I wonder can anyone help me?

Basically I've got the kids a samsung galaxy tablet each for Christmas, I thought it would be handy to give them a Google Play card each (which I was assuming is just like an Itunes card) for them to buy games/music without having to register my visa card and have them run rife with it.

I can't seem to work out if we can or cannot get them in Ireland. Does anybody know for definite? And if they are available how would you go about getting one?

Also if they are Not available what other options do I have?

I'm only looking to give them about 10 or 15e initially each to keep them going.
    Just a note also, that I have access to American content ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You'd probably get a better answer in the android forum but how and ever.
    I've never seen Google play cards here. I dunno if they're even in the UK or not.
    Maybe some prepay 3V cards to solve your problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Google Play Gift Cards are not available in Ireland.

(Only in Australia, Canada, Germany, France, the UK and the US)
    what other options do I have?

Give 'em your credit card. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Pity as I don't want creepy Google Wallet ESPECIALLY that ONE sign in works for all totally unrelated Google Services. They are either evil or idiots. A single sign in for Google Play, Code, Groups, Google+ and YouTube is stupidity and increases risk.

So I won't be buying anything on Play Store. Amazon is bad enough but not as stupid as Google.

Tesco.com lists them, but I can't see where you actually purchase. I'll check in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

watty wrote: »
    Pity as I don't want creepy Google Wallet ESPECIALLY that ONE sign in works for all totally unrelated Google Services. They are either evil or idiots. A single sign in for Google Play, Code, Groups, Google+ and YouTube is stupidity and increases risk.

So I won't be buying anything on Play Store. Amazon is bad enough but not as stupid as Google.

Tesco.com lists them, but I can't see where you actually purchase. I'll check in store.

why not set up 2-Step Verification for your Google account? Requires verification if you want to sign in to your Google account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Torqay wrote: »
    Google Play Gift Cards are not available in Ireland.

(Only in Australia, Canada, Germany, France, the UK and the US)

Give 'em your credit card. ;)

They're finally here :)
    Available at Tesco apparently: I'm going to take a look the next time I'm in my local Tesco, I don't them available online...

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3422734?hl=en
    https://play.google.com/intl/en-GB_ie/about/giftcards/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

http://www.businessandleadership.com/marketing/item/48410-google-play-gift-cards-now
    They will be available at Tesco, An Post, Argos, Musgraves, Powercity, Homebase, and Xtravision. Cards will be available in-store only, not for online purchase. Further retailers will be added in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

OP - l saw them in Tesco Midleton last Sunday - probably have them in all branches

Kilsmum ☺

Advertisement