Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What weight were your babies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

My lil "star gazer" as the midwives called him was 9lb6 and just under 2ft long at 58cm! I was 9"4 and long aswell , can't remember my partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

My daughter was 6.5 at 39 weeks. I was 7.8 when born and think my husband was something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

2 girls, 4kg and 4.5kg.

the 10 pounder made her entrance with her fists clenched on either side of her head......born at home with no pain relief :eek:

the wife didn't even complain that much bless her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

Boy 6lbs 2oz at 37wks! He was so tiny! He dropped to 5lbs 11oz but regained it pretty quick! I was 8lbs something (I was my mothers 7th child and she doesn't remember my birth weight exactly:D) and my husband was 9lbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

First Lady was 6 pound 5, all legs!
    Second princess was 7 pound 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Jessica-Rabbit

My beautiful princess was only 5 pounds when she was born, she was 3 weeks early, and delivered via an emergency C section. She is 19 months old now and she's a healthy happy beautiful princess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I was 7 and a half pounds ish, my son was 6lb 13oz at 36 weeks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My Son was 8lb 11oz.. 10 days overdue

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭SurferRosa

First son: 8lbs 1 oz @ 37 weeks ( big sized due to undiagnosed gestational diabetes, had to have emergency c section due to related complications)
    2nd son: 7lbs 13 @ 38 weeks. ( gestational diabetes diagnosed this time - doctors surprised as I'm pretty thin! Managed to keep sugars down, and baby born a more average weight for gestation.)
    Daughter: 7 lbs 15 @ 39 weeks. (Only developed diabetes at the end, and probably could've managed my diet better!)

I was about 6 pounds, and quite long born!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Was informed at my first appt for my 4th preg that my 2nd baby was actually 6lbs 11oz not 6lbs 13oz :\

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lol after the 1st couple all the numbers run in to each other;)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    lol after the 1st couple all the numbers run in to each other;)

Funny thing was, they told me she was 6lb 3oz when she was born, then weighed her the day after (she went to SCBU that day) and she was 6lbs 13oz and now she was 16lbs 11oz. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 verodi

4.9 kg and 57 cm...She was like a 3 month old baby :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm noticing most people's babies have been around the same weight as each other. My two were almost 2lb apart, which I gather is unusual!

8,5 and then 6,10.

There's only a week between them in terms of gestation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think what i noticed is woman usually have 1 big baby and the rest are in and around the same.I think its unusual to have all bit or small babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

My son was 10lb 8oz and 59.5cm. He was 11 days overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

my son was 1lb 13oz and my daughter was 8lb 7oz some difference between them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

My daughter was 7lb 4oz...10 days over, my son was 8lb 2oz....8 days over and my 2nd son was 7lb 13oz...11days over. Think i was 8lb born x

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Scaredy_Cat

My daughter was 6lbs 6oz
    Son was 6lbs 14oz, both delivered by sections at 39 weeks and 39 +4 days.
    I don't know what weight I was but my husband was 7lbs even. I thought it was to do with how many calories the woman consumes during pregnancy or that it definitely attributes to it? I actually had gestational diabetes on both pregnancies but I kept it controlled to a T, people were very surprised they thought I was going to have 10 pounders but that would only occur if it's not diagnosed or managed properly (or I should say it could lead to a 10 pounder or def a bigger baby) but yeah seems some women are just prone to big babies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

1.24kg or 2pd 11oz. Born 29 wks.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

8 lbs 4 at 7 days overdue. She looked dinky though, she was (and still is) extremely long.

Oh and I was 8 lbs 3 born :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

6 lbs 4 and 6 lbs 13

Both were full term. I don't know why mine are so small, my sister is much smaller than me and had a 10 pounder.

I was constantly accused of smoking which wasn't the case at all then they told me it was because I was a vegetarian. Hogwash. Both have grown to be fine healthy kids :)

eviltwin wrote: »
    6 lbs 4 and 6 lbs 13

Both were full term. I don't know why mine are so small, my sister is much smaller than me and had a 10 pounder.

I was constantly accused of smoking which wasn't the case at all then they told me it was because I was a vegetarian. Hogwash. Both have grown to be fine healthy kids :)

Who accused you of smoking? The hospital? I really would have been furious if anyone had made those claims against me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

January wrote: »
    Who accused you of smoking? The hospital? I really would have been furious if anyone had made those claims against me!

Yeah a midwife I saw in the day clinic a few times would always ask. What she went on seemed to be bump size, not a very scientific way of judging the size of a baby but because I was small smoking had to be behind it

eviltwin wrote: »
    Yeah a midwife I saw in the day clinic a few times would always ask. What she went on seemed to be bump size, not a very scientific way of judging the size of a baby but because I was small smoking had to be behind it

You think they'd have suspected IUGR before smoking!!

I'd have been making a complaint about her but that's just me. I was scanned because my bump was measuring small on my first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I really feel my own diet influenced my babies' weight more than genetics. I ate for Ireland on my first pregnancy, and my son was 8lbs 10 at 6 days overdue. I was far more careful on my second pregnancy and my daughter was 7lbs 2 at near enough her due date.

Myself and my husband were less than 7lbs at birth, and are both about 5ft10. The variable is how much I gave myself a licence to eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

My 1st ( boy )was 7 lb 7 at 38 weeks
    My 2nd ( girl ) was 7 lb 14 at 39 weeks
    My 3rd (girl) was 8lb 5 at 39 weeks
    My 4th (boy) was 8lb 8 at 37 weeks

I often wondered how big my fourth would have been if he had of been born full term. My hubby and I were both around 8lb babies he is 6 ft and I am 5ft 3 and a bit ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

First, girl; 8lbs, 4oz 40 +2 weeks
    Second, boy; 8lbs, 8oz. 39 weeks +5 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

My one and only baby was born at 36weeks + 2 days and was 7lb 14.5oz.

She was only induced because of pre-eclampsia so I dread to think what weight she would have been if I'd been full term or overdue.

I'm 5ft 8 and her dad is over 6ft.

Advertisement