Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What weight were your babies

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

My son was born in 2007, 41wks + 5 days,

12lb on the dot :)

I was told he was the largest baby born in Holles St in 10 years (at the time), not sure how true that was, never looked into it.

I was 8.5lbs born and his father was around 8lbs.

Midwife told me at scan two days before birth that he was a 'healthy' size, expecting him to be around the 9lb mark, she admitted afterwards that had they realised he was so big I would probably have been scheduled for a c-section. I'm glad I delivered myself though, and while I did have a bad tear, I healed fine.

I will be monitored closely should I have another baby, and either be induced early or scheduled for a c-section or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Both just under 7lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

760g at 28 wks - Just turned corrected age 1 and is awesome :)

That is just amazing! Congratulations!

My first son was 7 lbs 11 @ 39 weeks
    My 2nd son was 8 lbs 9 @ 42 weeks

I was 6 lbs 13 @ 40 weeks
    Husband was 10 lbs 10 @ 40 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

first son was 8lbs 11 at 42 weeks, 2nd son 8lbs 10oz at 41 weeks my 3rd (a girl) was 9lb 11oz at 40+6.

my daughter is now 5 months and is far SMALLER than her brothers were at that age.

I was heavy born but they didn't have scans back then and the hospital kept on ignoring my mum's insistence of dates. mum reckons she was at least 43 weeks when I was born. we were both incredibly sick when I was born. I was 10lbs 2oz.

My husband was about 7lbs 14oz but is now 6 ft 5 inches.

my first son was the same birth weight as his cousin and is 7 months younger. he is about a foot taller (genuinely) and much broader. I don't think birth weight makes an ounce of difference to how they end up weighing as adults.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Shelli2 wrote: »
    My son was born in 2007, 41wks + 5 days,

12lb on the dot :)

I was told he was the largest baby born in Holles St in 10 years (at the time), not sure how true that was, never looked into it.

I was 8.5lbs born and his father was around 8lbs.

Midwife told me at scan two days before birth that he was a 'healthy' size, expecting him to be around the 9lb mark, she admitted afterwards that had they realised he was so big I would probably have been scheduled for a c-section. I'm glad I delivered myself though, and while I did have a bad tear, I healed fine.

I will be monitored closely should I have another baby, and either be induced early or scheduled for a c-section or both.

Wow you must have been shocked!!
    My friend had an ll lb 3 baby boy and then her second was an 8lb 8 girl so if you have another they could be a more normal size:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement