Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food for a house party?

Options
  • 03-10-2013 3:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi guys

Having a smallish gathering on Saturday night in our apartment, about 15-20 people I would think.

Just wondering if anyone has any food ideas?

I was thinking of going along the traditional route, like Pizza's, chicken goujons/nuggets, cocktail sausages etc etc.

Haven't got any experience of this saw any help greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Hi guys

Having a smallish gathering on Saturday night in our apartment, about 15-20 people I would think.

Just wondering if anyone has any food ideas?

I was thinking of going along the traditional route, like Pizza's, chicken goujons/nuggets, cocktail sausages etc etc.

Haven't got any experience of this saw any help greatly appreciated! :)

When I have people over I always make:

Cheats Homemade sausage rolls: get pre made puff pastry and some good quality sausages. Take out the sausage meat and mix with some tomato ketchup. Then lay the meat out on the pastry and make into rolls. It looks and tastes like you made homemade sausage rolls but you didn't really :)

Hoisin and Honey cocktail sausages: A few hours before the party marinade the sausages in a mix of hoisin and honey (equal amounts of each). Again looks like you made a big effort but they're easy peasy and delicious

Meat/Cheese plate: Heat to Aldi or Lidl and buy nice cheeses (e.g. 1 cheddar, 1 brie, 1 blue cheese), meats (prosciutto, salami etc), grapes and some nice crackers and/or french bread and make up a platter. If you can find some kind of fruit paste (like fig or quince) all the better. You can also add chopped carrots/celery etc or any other nibbles you think of. This is great for people who want less greasy food or on a diet, they can nibble the veg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Brother in law gets a big container of chicken curry plus rice from the Imperial Chinese restaurant in leopardstown.
    He just tells them how many people and they deliver, always piping hot, and delicious. He says it is very cost effective and never has any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

I think the key is keeping it simple, everything you've mentioned is fine, but add things like...
    tortilla chips/crackers/breadsticks and dips,
    vol au vents,
    mini burgers,
    onion rings,
    fish cakes,
    Fruit platter -pieces of melon, apple and grape sticks etc
    pizza cut into squares,
    chicken wings

this way you've got a good variety and you're keeping everyone happy :)

Advertisement