Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossans broadband 120mb

Options
  • 03-10-2013 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I just re-tuned my tv and the cablecomm channel has an advert up for new broadband packages, 40Mb for 40 euro, 50Mb for 50 euro and 120Mb for 60 euro. It also says thats they offer broadband only now, then before you used to have to get the standard tv package to avail of their broadband. Dont think i'd need 120Mb but sounds really good.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Tis true, I signed up for the 40mb package last friday. They provide the wireless modem so ya dont even need a router of your own. They reckon they'll have it installed within 5-10 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 carrigy

i've had broadband with crossans since it came out, was 39.90 for 8mb back in i think 2006, was good value then i think, then the increased the speed to 9mb, no extra charge, then increased again it to 30mb i think last year or the year before.
    I assume mine will increase on its own to 40mb soon enough. Something i always wondered though, the modem/router the give you free, is that yours to keep forever or do you have to give it back when go to a new provider, not that i'll be doing that. Their broadband never seems to crash, it did once i think in all the time i've had it with them and it was fixed fairly lively.

Got connected this afternoon and the install guy said it'll be 30mb for a few days and then upped to 40mb. I tested it on speedtest.net and its reading 30mb. The only thing is it'll have a new SSID so relogging in with the same password will be required when its upgraded. The modem is Crossans property and is required to be returned when terminating the contract.

ah right good to know. I figured it was theirs but wasn't completely sure. Still good to be able to get that speed as standalone, might just get rid of the cable now as i dont really watch tv all that much.

I got a letter off crossan today, my speed is going to 50mb from 30mb apparently. It said the increased speeds should be operational on the 15 of october.

• Advertisement

Nice one! Let the download of the whole internet commence..........

indeed, i just thought it funny, increase in broadband speed on the 15th October, same day as the budget, probably only increase seen that day :D

just checked my internet and its gone up to 50MB

Must check mine when I get home.
    Had you to put your password in again?

actually no, thought i would have, but i didnt. the network went down for like 10 mins i think while the speed increased but when it came back, i checked the speed on the pc and it was 50mb, didnt check the speed on the ps3 but it connected online no problem so i assume its fine also

• Advertisement

Might help you if you have this problem, but the laptop in the house i rarely use couldn't connect to wireless, said that the setting saved on it didn't match the network.
    I thought it was just the password so i reentered it but to no avail, so i logged into the router and checked the security settings and the security was set to WPA2-Personal, while the setting saved for the network on the laptop were WPA1-personal, changed that on the laptop to WPA2 and its connecting now.

I'll bear that in mind, thanks. I didnt know you could log onto their router and look at settings. Is the IP address 192.168.1.1 default like most routers?

its 192.168.0.1

Ah right. The service was updated to 40Mb today. Had to logon so thats how I knew. Initial speed was around 34.5Mb at 1pm but I'll test it again when I get home tonight when it will be near its full speed.

Advertisement