Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paramedic/Emt training in Ireland

• 03-10-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi people

I am looking to become a qualified paramedic in Ireland.I am aware that it is recommended to take an Emt course first to enhance my chances of becoming a qualified paramedic . 2 courses are run by "Irish ambulance training institute" and
    "Emergency services training institute" to become qualified emt . Just wondering do people know which one is better ? And would you have any more advice on the career I am about to undertake .Are there strong possibilities of employment being a qualified "emt"? Would I be better going to the uk ?
    Thanks Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jn45672

Hi There,

In a nutshell, if I were you id shoot of to the UK and do the IHCD Technician course that they have on offer. It includes 6-8 weeks classroom work and 750 hours work placement (compared to 40 hours placement here for EMT) so you will get lots of time on the road over there to experience your qualification. It also is on par with paramedic standards here but beware, "PHECC will not recognise it here at paramedic once qualified only emt"
    Also no jobs here for emts and 100s of unemployed emts out there also.. so I would say UK is best option if you have the time and money.

Best of luck!

Advertisement