Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working for Voxpro in Cork

Options
  • 03-10-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone working there/knows someone working there is able to give me an idea of the what the place is like.
    Have gone through the interview process etc etc etc..... have been told its Mon - Sun, 7am - 11pm.
    Is this company flexible in terms of hours? Do you end up working a lot of weekends? Can you ask to be put on a set shift e.g. 12pm - 8.30pm any day of the week.
    And finally, opinions on what its like to work there? Do you deal with many irate callers? Is it a nice place to work? Are the TLs easy to deal with?

(Sorry for amount of questions, dont know anyone working there so any information would be much appreciated. Thanks) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Don't know about the company but I found this.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79991220
    Might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Don't bother if you value your sanity.

I'd rather work in a chipper serving drunks than in a Call Center

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

know a few people working there and they also do just normal mon-fri shifts. they seem to be happy enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Thank you for the replies.. Seems there are mixed opinions. I read the other thread on them and it seems mostly bad opinions on that one.

@Celica00, Do you mind if I ask are your friends doing tech support or shared services? And is it in their contract that they only work Mon to Fri? Just wondering because Ive worked in call centres before where I had to be available for work Mon - Sun, 8am - midnight and I had nooooo life at all.

@ keith, is there something in particular that you think made them a bad place to work for? (Want to make sure Im informed about the place before getting in too deep) Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Thank you for the replies.. Seems there are mixed opinions. I read the other thread on them and it seems mostly bad opinions on that one.

@Celica00, Do you mind if I ask are your friends doing tech support or shared services? And is it in their contract that they only work Mon to Fri? Just wondering because Ive worked in call centres before where I had to be available for work Mon - Sun, 8am - midnight and I had nooooo life at all.

they started with tech support and always seemed to have mo-fr shifts (various times tho)
    2 of them working there, actually managed to get a better intern position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zuzi

Hi, I am not working there, but I have friends there. The working hours depend on which department are you working in. For example only English speakers are covering as well 05.00 am and week ends, but Italian only 8.00 - 5.00 Monday Friday since the market doesn't require more than this at the moment. About irate customers I think is normal, you are going to deal with customer issue...sooo..
    Then the TLs: they don't have TLs but only TMs, QA and trainers...I think everyone can be different, so if you are lucky you'll get a good one 😉!
    More over i believe you should be sure about the salary and benefits, those are the things people that work there usually don't like and after a while they prefer to quit for a better offer in other companies.
    Hope this help... Best of luck

Hi Zuzi, thanks for the info, its much appreciated :)

Having received more info on the job, i think i would be inclined to say that the salary doesnt reflect the workload required from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

@ keith, is there something in particular that you think made them a bad place to work for? (Want to make sure Im informed about the place before getting in too deep) Thank you :)

No, just Call Centers in General. :D

E.G.
    Monitoring how long you spend in a toilet / day.
    Getting hassle for spending too long on the call
    Calls being too short
    Doing wrap up too slowly
    Doing wrap up too quickly
    Attrition rate is high (because the job is crap)
    Management are usually just people who were able to put up with the rubbish the longest.

Never again. I made more money delivering pizzas and more self respect.

I would say if you go for it, make no suggestions for improvement, keep your head down and just do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭kuang1

Hi gang.
    Bumping this to see if anyone out there has more recent reports about working here?
    Close friend of mine has a chance to work there but is uncertain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

kuang1 wrote: »
    Hi gang.
    Bumping this to see if anyone out there has more recent reports about working here?
    Close friend of mine has a chance to work there but is uncertain.

It greatly depends on the department they work in really.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It greatly depends on the department they work in really.

I can 2nd that, multiple contracts, will get widely varying reports depending on which contract you work for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭kuang1

pogsick wrote: »
    I can 2nd that, multiple contracts, will get widely varying reports depending on which contract you work for

So could you elaborate on which contracts are ok and which are not?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Airbnb currently has the lowest satisfaction but if you just do what you're supposed to be doing and not try to take the p*** it'll be grand no matter which department you're in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

had a phone interview about two weeks ago with Voxpro. They havent gotten back to me.
    I emailed during the week and have heard nothing.
    anyone any experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

had a phone interview about two weeks ago with Voxpro. They havent gotten back to me.
    I emailed during the week and have heard nothing.
    anyone any experience with them?

Yeah I had a similar experience. Was this with Stripe? They arranged to make a phone interview nearly a month ago now. I got back to them letting them know the times I was available but heard nothing back. The next week I emailed them again letting them know the times Id be available that week and still heard nothing. I heard they recently hired a new batch of people. It was bad form to be honest. I spent a good two weeks making myself as available as possible, making sure I was around in the evenings in case they rang. After arranging to make a call they could have had the decency to let me know what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

it was with one of the Voxpro recruiters.
    they were mad to speak with me but still no reply.
    these companies pay peanuts anyways.
    shameful way to treat people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

it was with one of the Voxpro recruiters.
    they were mad to speak with me but still no reply.
    these companies pay peanuts anyways.
    shameful way to treat people

Important to keep Dan in the standard of living his ego deserves.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/motors/motors-and-me/video-motors-me-dan-kiely-and-his-bmw-i8-374050.html

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

Oh VoxPro... Several months ago I applied for a number of positions all to do with foreign language I'm fluent at. Got the interview (online), have been rejected after. Recently started to look for work again and was surprised they are still re-advertising these positions.
    I though maybe it's just me not suitable for them (allthough I'm pretty confident). Now I think this guys simply advertising jobs that does not exist. You know, when Government officials are visiting your office, you sort of need to keep the "Let's Keep the Recovery Going" agenda alive. Or it's just a high turnover in the company that keeps vacancies constanly open. Which I think is even worse as it gives an impression of how they treat their employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Cape Clear wrote: »

the state of him and that car, vulgar breeds vulgarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Worked there part-time through college. As call centres go, it's not too bad. Much better than Abtran anyway.
    Like most jobs of that nature, full of "managers" with a jumped up sense of self importance and a group of sycophants who hang on their every word. The best thing ever was last Christmas when they announced changes to Christmas bonus so everyone got less than before. Owner arrives on with a new i8 a week later. It's reached parody levels with a recent internal competition to win a chance to go for a spin in said i8 with the owner :rolleyes:

It's reached parody levels with a recent internal competition to win a chance to go for a spin in said i8 with the owner :rolleyes:

:eek:
    David Brent with money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

the state of him and that car, vulgar breeds vulgarity.

I say fair play to him. If he can afford it, why not.
    He is a successful business man after all.

Dbu wrote: »

Class always shines through or lack of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Class always shines through or lack of it.

The man can do what he likes with his money

you can be successful in business while treating people with a bit more respect & professionalism than what we're seeing here.

The man can do what he likes with his money

Certainly never said he couldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tuch

“Voxpro partners with clients that are changing the world. Our success is built on delivering beautiful customer experience (BCX)"
    Dan Kiely

tuch wrote: »
    “Voxpro partners with clients that are changing the world. Our success is built on delivering beautiful customer experience BS
    Dan Kiely

Fixed that for you

• Advertisement

Fixed that for you

almost every company spews out that 'making the world better' drivel anyway, he's not unique there.

Advertisement