Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working for Voxpro in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

didn't get that job.
    feel a little mediocre tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭IIGeminiII

Worked there for a year and a bit. Quit recently. Awful, awful job. Massive turnover of staff, especially the last month or so, and things are always getting worse in there. Shift work is dire with no flexibility. It depends on the contract, but the strong likelihood is that your work will be very intense, very poorly paid, with little or no support from your manager, and you will frequently go weeks and weeks on end without being given two consecutive days off. The rosters are entirely inhumane and designed to break you down and spit you out. In addition you are constantly lied to about bonuses, vouchers, rosters etc. Your work is surveilled to an extraordinarily creepy level, and all of your activities are broken down into stats, which are then criticised in minute detail every three weeks or so by quality leads. The working environment is designed very cynically and you are played off against other teams and also against the other people in your team. There is a concerted effort made to make you feel like your work is a game and 'cool', with pointless little rewards doled out every so often. The business façade is presented as cool, young, hip etc. etc. etc. but they routinely fire people in a seriously cut-throat manner and if you ever think that you are anything more than a number to them then you are a fool. It's basically a factory farm.

The people you work with will be awesome and because the job is so ****, and everyone is in it together, there can be a good sense of camaraderie, apart from an easily recognisable minority which are brainwashed company shills. Canteen is decent.

Most of the things I've listed are negative, coz that's what stands out to me, but of course in that environment you will learn things about yourself and your abilities and there can be good craic. Just remember, everybody is leaving, and there is a reason for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tuch

As I find myself constantly pausing in awe at the physical office environment. It's like nothing I have ever seen before. The place is bright, upbeat, even funky. There's a definite energy and vitality to the place. A number of staff are chatting in the coffee dock area, others gather in the restaurant and there's even a few playing table tennis in the corner. Passing by each group, Dan and Linda impressively have a word for everyone, even calling each by their first names.
    Everywhere I turn, I hear different languages as staff engage cheerfully with customers from all over the world.

As I move from one team area to another, all seem to have genuinely adopted that customer's distinct culture and vibe.

In the middle of each area too are specially themed meeting rooms and breakout areas. There's the American Hollywood area with a standout sign in big bright lights saying 'Dream Big'. If you closed your eyes and reopened them, you could easy imagine yourself in the middle of downtown LA. In another area, the Asia-Pacific themed room has colourful Asian artwork hanging on the walls and low-level furniture where you might just be expected to kneel.

In the office and as if on cue, a group of about 20 young people emerge from the fully glazed meeting room in the middle of the floor. They look like a bunch of cool college students leaving a lecture hall.
    "That's the next group of new recruits that have joined us," explains Linda proudly. "This is their induction week where they get to learn what and how we do things here in Voxpro," she adds

"The sense of energy and focus on excellence that we have here comes from gathering hundreds of people together from the four corners of the world to work, as one, towards our shared goal. It emanates from the human connections that are the very heartbeat of Voxpro. It derives from the quirky diversity we so cherish here and it comes from the team themselves who we continually encourage to be entrepreneurial themselves, to take risks and to make a difference." he adds.

above all, he wants the company to become known, not for the ordinary but for the extraordinary.

http://www.independent.ie/business/small-business/embracing-the-extraordinary-has-made-voxpro-a-global-success-story-31248415.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34,246 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2 guys who worked in same company as me left my place to go there 3 or 4 months ago. Both have now left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,246 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2 guys who worked in same company as me left my place to go there 3 or 4 months ago. Both have now left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭IIGeminiII

tuch wrote: »
    I find myself constantly pausing in awe at the physical office environment. It's like nothing I have ever seen before. The place is bright, upbeat, even funky.

Give me a sick bag. Young people working just over minimum wage and pushed to breaking point by soulless profiteers, but hey, at least the office is "funky"! And the boss saying "howdy" to you whenever he passes wears thin after three or four weeks working nights with no consecutive days off and almost no money in your pocket after rent. Especially when you have to pass his billion dollar sports car on the way in the door in the morning. A word of advice to the slave masters, funky furniture and veg allotments aren't going to stop your staff leaving. More humane working hours and better pay just might however. Although staff turnover is probably part of their business plan anyway. Never looked back since I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

We all had to start somewhere. Don't knock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 custsupport

Hello all,

I am about to start working for Voxpro Cork in less than a couple of weeks.

My worries is the room rental market in Cork.

Does Voxpro have a bulletin where their employees can post available rooms for rent?

I look forward to reading your replies

Kindest Regards

Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hello all,

I am about to start working for Voxpro Cork in less than a couple of weeks.

My worries is the room rental market in Cork.

Does Voxpro have a bulletin where their employees can post available rooms for rent?

I look forward to reading your replies

Kindest Regards

Eric

that sounds like a question for the HR Dept. in Voxpro to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 custsupport

hello

thank you for your reply.

i was hoping that a current voxpro employee would answer

Eric

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

They have a page on Facebook for houseshares etc. it's not updated much tho, better off contacting HR as they get property offers all the time and assist workers finding property to live in if they need it

Advertisement