Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting almost a month for a router?

Options
  • 03-10-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi

I ordered a bundle off you on the 6th of September. The phone line that was to be used was not set up so the guy who I was ordering it off said there was an engineer to be sent out on the 16th and he would set up the line. The router would then be sent out after the line was set up.

On the 16th the engineer came and set up the line so I was expecting the router to arrive a few days after. On the 25th when it had not arrived I called your support number and the woman I spoke to told me that there was no record of an order! So she ordered it again then. She told me that the router would arrive on the 30th or the 1st.

On the 1st when there was no router I called your support line again and the man I talked to told me that the router had been sent and was in An Post depot and it would most likely be there the next day. He even gave me an An Post tracking number, but when I tried the tracking number on the An Post website it said that there was no record of that tracking number.

Yesterday I called again and talked to a woman and she didn't really know what was going on with the order but she said she would contact the department that sends the routers to escalate the issue.

Again today there was no sign of the router in the post. I don't think it takes so long for An Post to deliver a package.

Can you tell me where my router is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi

I ordered a bundle off you on the 6th of September. The phone line that was to be used was not set up so the guy who I was ordering it off said there was an engineer to be sent out on the 16th and he would set up the line. The router would then be sent out after the line was set up.

On the 16th the engineer came and set up the line so I was expecting the router to arrive a few days after. On the 25th when it had not arrived I called your support number and the woman I spoke to told me that there was no record of an order! So she ordered it again then. She told me that the router would arrive on the 30th or the 1st.

On the 1st when there was no router I called your support line again and the man I talked to told me that the router had been sent and was in An Post depot and it would most likely be there the next day. He even gave me an An Post tracking number, but when I tried the tracking number on the An Post website it said that there was no record of that tracking number.

Yesterday I called again and talked to a woman and she didn't really know what was going on with the order but she said she would contact the department that sends the routers to escalate the issue.

Again today there was no sign of the router in the post. I don't think it takes so long for An Post to deliver a package.

Can you tell me where my router is?

Hi NotTheMessiah,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NotTheMessiah

PM sent thanks.

PM sent thanks.

No problem, thanks for those details.

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey

Resolved.

Turns out the router was in the local post office. For some reason whoever tried to deliver it never left a slip saying it would be in the post office. 

Thanks

Resolved.

Turns out the router was in the local post office. For some reason whoever tried to deliver it never left a slip saying it would be in the post office. 

Thanks

That's prefect, I'm glad you got sorted.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

wow a eircom success thread this should be a sticky :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Resolved.

Thanks
    Glad you got it sorted (No pun intended) but very unusual that your PO would hold a parcel for collection if a note hadn't been left with the customer, wouldn't they just have returned it to the sender if they didn't expect you to call for it?

iPhone. wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted (No pun intended) but very unusual that your PO would hold a parcel for collection if a note hadn't been left with the customer, wouldn't they just have returned it to the sender if they didn't expect you to call for it?
    What happened was the address that Eircom sent the router too did not have the apartment number but just the apartment block.

They guy in the post office said the normal postman was on holidays and the stand in did not know which apartment I lived in so he just brought it back to the post office. 

No idea why Eircom did not put the apartment number on the package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

iPhone. wrote: »
    What happened was the address that Eircom sent the router too did not have the apartment number but just the apartment block.

They guy in the post office said the normal postman was on holidays and the stand in did not know which apartment I lived in so he just brought it back to the post office. 

No idea why Eircom did not put the apartment number on the package.
    Hi NotTheMessiah

Apologies the address was incomplete. Is the broadband service up and running ok?

Mark

Yeah its working fine thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Yeah its working fine thanks.
    Thanks for letting us know NotTheMessiah

Thanks

Al

Advertisement