Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College to suit me

• 03-10-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

i'm mostly interested in becoming a movie director, movie producer or in journalist where are the best colleges to go to become one????? Anywhere in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

rg13 wrote: »
    i'm mostly interested in becoming a movie director, movie producer or in journalist where are the best colleges to go to become one????? Anywhere in Ireland.

You should do a bit of research , go to qualifax etc and search courses or go onto the websites for every college you know and see if they have a course for you.
    The ones i do know of are
    -journalism in DCU , 3 years
    -journalism in DIT, 4 years
    -journalism and visual media in Griffith college, 3 years
    you can do a plc for media journalism in rathmines college

I'm really not really sure how you get into directing /producing but some colleges of further education such as limerick and bray will do film studies courses or Tv and film production
    film studies- trinity, 4 years
    film studies- dublin business school , 3 years
    film studies- UCD, 1 year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

rg13 wrote: »

Another course you may be interested in might be Film and Television Production in IADT. Although a portfolio is required for this course

Advertisement