Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest way of getting a BC driving license?

Options
  • 03-10-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I've just moved to BC from Ontario, and the move was a bit of a pain, despite car sharing with a friend.
    Knowing that I'll be going back to Ontario in the spring, I'm looking at picking up a car sometime between now and then.

What's the easiest way of going about getting a BC driving license? Different google results seem to have different opinions about cost/how many stages there are - has anyone already been successful?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Depends on what you already have.
    If you have an Ontario licence I think its just a case of swapping.
    If you have an Irish licence more than two years you need to do the knowledge test and then a road test for a Class 5 licence.
    If you have an Irish licence less than two years or no licence at all then you have to do the same as above but for a class 7 licence which has restrictions for 2 years and then you do a class 5 test.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Just so you know, if you plan on getting a BC License and you only have an Irish license, you must surrender your Irish license for the BC one.

In terms of costs, these are roughly what I had to pay:
    Knowledge test: ~$30
    Road Test: ~$50
    Class 5 License: ~$30

You'll need a car as well to sit the test, so if you have your own your ok, but if you use an instructors car will be a bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭purplegreendave

BFassassin wrote: »
    If you have an Irish licence more than two years you need to do the knowledge test and then a road test for a Class 5 licence.
    This is what I'd need so.
    My boss is getting me to drive their van this week, so they might let me use it for a test in a couple of months too.

Advertisement