Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footwear for cross-country?

• 03-10-2013 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭

Could be doing my first ever cross country event this weekend and just realised that I haven't a clue what footwear I need and where I would get some tomorrow - am in the city centre tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

With the rain we've just had, cross-country spikes will be needed. You'll get them in nearly any proper running shop. Cross-country ones would have 15mm spikes I think. I bought mine in a hurry a couple of years back and I'm pretty sure my 9mm ones are for the track, but they do the job too.

Saying that, I've seen people racing cross country in old runners or else football boots. I'd go with the spikes though. You should be able to pick up a pair for around 25-30 quid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

9mm is fine for XC once conditions aren't too mucky. 12mm should be more than enough for most courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Cross country spike a must for heavy conditions.Had a few customers in the past buy trail shoes,either very injury prone and spikes to minimal or else feet too wide for spikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Thanks folks - got sorted in Elverys and got a packet of 12mm spikes too just to be sure! Have to say that every time I go into Elverys I'm more impressed with their customer service.

Advertisement