Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derri boots

• 03-10-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

20 or so years ago I started work as a courier round Dublin. I remember the first week being sent out to bray in the pissings of rain in a Dunnes stores jacket,a pair of jeans and 8 hole docks on a cb100n.
    hCysa6Ts.jpg

Fúck knows why I stuck at it after that, I got home frozen, drenched and covered in shít. However, the next day I got myself a pair of Derri boots, leggings and rainjacket and all was well with the world.

So I was thinking, those Derri boots were a great bit of kit, just bungied on to the saddle and lash them on when it started píssing.
    And I had a look on Amazon and they're reduced by 66% , which probably comes in at about €30 delivered using parcel motel.
    Not a bad punt coming into the winter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

They are grand for almost everything but not for biking....no armour at all in them and Id say they are heavy enough. Many a boot you can get that are waterproof but no good for biking even wellies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Ah they're only warm wellies, but you'll have dry feet. That said I use sealskinz in my sidi motocross boots ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Went through a pair years ago, shudder to think if I wore them in a RTA - best kept for gardening or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd a pair in the 80's, and was a courier on a DT175 and a Yamaha XS400 ~ I'd loads of tumbles, brushed them off and went right back to work... Those were the days, clothing held together with duct tape and bikes held together with bungee cords :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Sure the youngsters today don't know how easy they have it, with their gortex this and their nanotechnology that, we had it tough....

• Advertisement
Advertisement