Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i.t training evening course

• 03-10-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭

hi folks,
    I need to start a computer networking course asap but preferably part time(evenings).the course is called comptia a+ but I cant find anywhere in the city that does it.have tried trainingpoint and professional.ie in raheen but time doesn't suit.anyone know of anywhere else I can try,need someplace soon,thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RealmOfFlames

You can study on your own using sites like http://www.professormesser.com/n10-005/free-network-plus/ and reading the Mike Myers Network + book and then book an exam with one of the Fas training centers that are Pearson Vue certified.

They cost between €125 and €200 to do. Or you can do an online course with Fas and they will give you the videos and access to simulation websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paolosnapid

Hi, I am looking to develop a career in the I.T. industry and get out of my current job (electrical wholesale). Any recommendations for a good short (say 6 months) evening that would get me started in the IT sector. I am in no way looking for a quick fix as I intend doing a degree once I get settled in. Living in the midlands, an evening course in Athlone IT or the Dublin outskirts would suit best.I reckon I would be able for any course (I hope), I already have a diploma in Polymer Technology so study and lectures won't be new to me.Also does anyone know of any websites where IT companies offer training or apprenticeships per say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

if you're serious (and have appropriate funding) then look at the Cisco CCNA, if less Comptia A+

Advertisement