Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardcore and Friendly Fire

• 03-10-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Playing nothing but hardcore atm and I am loving it compared to core, but I am new enough to COD and hardcore. Anyway with the HC rules you can shoot your team mates if you are not careful and as you are aware and this can happen from time to time. eg team mate wandering into your line of fire when you are shooting etc also having a very itchy trigger finger doesn't help. But I have noticed and and I checked today by replaying the game film in where I shot one of my team mates (by accident) and he respawned near me, looked for me and chased me down and shot me in the back:mad::rolleyes:. I know this because he missed the first few times:rolleyes:(KSG).

This seems petty and childish to me its not like it I shot him deliberately. I feeling that this happened a few times to before but I dissmissed it and never checked back on the game replay. Is this an unwritten HC rule?? seems stupid to me because you shoot a team mate more than three times you get kicked.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If I get team killed and it was my fault or seemed like a genuine mistake I don't mind. If I get team killed because it's some dickhead tubing or spraying everywhere and they kill me when I'm on streak or it's just a retarded TK I'll probably knife you in the back when I respawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Makaveli wrote: »
    If I get team killed and it was my fault or seemed like a genuine mistake I don't mind. If I get team killed because it's some dickhead tubing or spraying everywhere and they kill me when I'm on streak or it's just a retarded TK I'll probably knife you in the back when I respawn.

I SWEAR IT WASN'T ME

• Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

Same goes for me :)

Nothing worse than your own team mate killing you while your on a good streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah it's stupid on Blops2, they had it right on MW3 where if you shot a team mate it was actually you who died and you didn't kill your teammate, don't know why they didn't follow suit with Blops 2.
    Have to say for the last couple of months I've only played hardcore it's the way the game should be played and I think I'll be jumping into Hardcore only modes on Ghost's when it comes out.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah it's stupid on Blops2, they had it right on MW3 where if you shot a team mate it was actually you who died and you didn't kill your teammate, don't know why they didn't follow suit with Blops 2.
    Have to say for the last couple of months I've only played hardcore it's the way the game should be played and I think I'll be jumping into Hardcore only modes on Ghost's when it comes out.

I think if you do it like 3 times in a match you get kicked in Blops 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think if you do it like 3 times in a match you get kicked in Blops 2?

Correct and you get a 5 minute time out if you do this a couple of times or rage quit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

i thought it was 2 times in a match and you get kicked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i thought it was 2 times in a match and you get kicked?

3rd team kill in a match and your kicked. Kill 2 teammates in close succession (not sure of time frame) and and your kicked sooner. Get kicked from too many games (either by team kills or rage quitting) over a certain time frame (not sure of how many) and you get 5mins probation where you can't get into any lobbies. (You can still play league games while on probation).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

got kicked from nuketown due to sentry gun team kills, which is a bit ridiculous.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

got kicked from nuketown due to sentry gun team kills, which is a bit ridiculous.

I think that's understandable, if you stick the sentry pointing down at a choke point it's going to fire at enemies but teammates are going to run out into it as well. Would hardly make sense if they could run through your sentry's bullets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Well theres teamkilling on proper competitive which Bo2 was designed around, It could be just lazy coding on their part and put in a slightly altered rule to hardcore.

Advertisement