Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM - New runners??

• 03-10-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Got fitted properly for runners last Nov. Have been running avg 3-4 times a week since. Did good bit of races 5, 10's and few HM's but now with little over 3 weeks to DCM I'm realising that need new ones.
    Is it too late to change even if I get same pair??
    Should I stay as I am??

Rookie mistake!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Just read an article a few hours ago that says you should have at least 50 miles on a new pair before wearing for a marathon. I guess that over 3 weeks gives you plenty of time to get that mileage on them.
    Shouldn't be a problem with a new pair at all I'd say at this stage. I'd alternate the new pair with your existing pair though and break them in gradually that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

If the same model then the 50mile rule would be spot on or two long runs of atleast 15miles plus and a few short runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

If the same model then the 50mile rule would be spot on or two long runs of atleast 15miles plus and a few short runs.

Perfect thanks folks. Will stick to same model. Beans on toast for dinners next week!!

Advertisement