Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming sport online

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Not to sure if I'm posting in the right forum. I've just started streaming sport online off of snip but every time I click on a link to a sport event (football match) a few pop ups and adverts pop up over the screen and I have to click on them and then X them to get them to go away so I can see the match. Is there anyway I can prevent them from appearing in the first place? And Im very wary about clicking on them in the first place in fear of get viruses etc. My norton security says snip is safe tho.

Any general advice on this matter?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No way to get rid of those pesky ads on those sites. Its one of the irritations you have to put up with on those so-called free streamers. If you want to get the better streams, go to the Soccer Forum, where there is a thread that facilitates requests for streams -requests are answered by PM only, though.

Here is a link to the first page. Read the first post carefully. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057026899

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

Can't seem to post in that forum, it says i don't have permission but can your recommend any good site for streaming sport, especially football matches?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Use chrome and install an add-on called ad-block plus and that should help somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

keith16 wrote: »
    Use chrome and install an add-on called ad-block plus and that should help somewhat.

AdBlock would be the best bet.

It probably wont block them at first but when they pop up right click the adverts and click block image (i think thats what its called).

That should block all ads from that source in future, hopefully!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

martineire wrote: »
    Can't seem to post in that forum, it says i don't have permission but can your recommend any good site for streaming sport, especially football matches?

Thanks

Please review the Charter. Streaming premium sports content without a subscription is illegal so not allowed on here. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement