Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm not an online gamer anymore...

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You can't stop PC elitists ruining a thread with their empty "PC is better" parroting.

what's empty about the truth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You can't stop PC elitists ruining a thread with their empty "PC is better" parroting.

You realise that your comment is more likely to derail this thread than the comment you're complaining about yeah? Given than that comment seems to have done nothing to derail the thread bar one good reply from Saul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Perhaps it's empty in that it might fall on deaf ears :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Pc the master race they say

Yet no believes in gods :pac:

Pc the master race they say

Yet no believes in gods :pac:

There is one god, his name is Gabe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

nesf wrote: »
    There is one god, his name is Gabe.
    He certainly acts like a god.

Promises salvation, yet stays silent & leaves us waiting forever.

:pac:

He certainly acts like a god.

Promises salvation, yet stays silent & leaves us waiting forever.

:pac:

Ah you refer to the false god, I refer to this one: The one true Gabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I was in college when the ps3 first came out here in march 2007, got mine on launch day and basically became my main activity during my entire college life!

It was great, both online and local co-op as i stayed in a house with friends, many a great night up late playing, resulting in being completely wrecked for the following day, being a zombie inside the 9:00am lecture or just not making the first couple of lectures at all!

Online gaming used to be fun in this setting as i wasnt playing it alone. Even if my friends are just watching, still have a laugh. The only game i'd play online on my own was fifa.

But my interest in online gaming has dramatically reduced since i left college. And now i rarely play online at all. The last time i played online was a game of fifa 13 in the month of april! And like others here have said, my number of online games played in fifa 13, is nothing compared to fifa 08, 09 and 10', when i was in college.

Now i am mainly an xbox gamer and its just the single player aspect of games that i am interested in. These days playing gta 5, but i have no intention of playing it online, just doesnt interest me.

I dont really have an answer as to why my interest in online gaming has almost vanished. Is it maturity with age? What will i be like in 30 years time? I will still be playing games but probably in a way which will be seen 'grandad-like' by the youngsters then. We all get old sometime. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nesf wrote: »
    Ah you refer to the false god, I refer to this one: The one true Gabe.
    ?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

some of the worst people ive ever interacted with has been in online games. ive been weening myself off them now the past month or two. call it what you want but tbh, my standards are too high and im too old to be watching a bunch of dribblers screaming at each other. i wish there was game servers for people 25+ years old :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Currently the only game I've played online in recent weeks is LoL.
    This time last year, I was playing BF3, Starcraft 2, Left4Dead2 , COD, Fifa....and all with friends online. I'd be on teamspeak everyday chatting away and it was great.

Unfortunately due to moving countries I'm not in the same timezone as my old friends to play with them....so I started LoL

However, LoL has the type of community that would put you off going on the internet. It is easily the worst community I've ever come across in my 10+ years gaming online.
    I won't let it stop me though, I just mute the chat most of the time. But half of the fun from gaming has gone, when you can't interact with similar minded individuals and have fun at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

BMMachine wrote: »
    some of the worst people ive ever interacted with has been in online games. ive been weening myself off them now the past month or two. call it what you want but tbh, my standards are too high and im too old to be watching a bunch of dribblers screaming at each other. i wish there was game servers for people 25+ years old :s

Try hooking up with some board members, most people who post here tend to be more mature, just take a look at the average age of the GTA boards community. I actually met an Irish lad on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and he's very sound, we play occasionally and it turns out he's a boards member. Aren't we a cool bunch? :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Try hooking up with some board members, most people who post here tend to be more mature, just take a look at the average age of the GTA boards community. I actually met an Irish lad on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and he's very sound, we play occasionally and it turns out he's a boards member. Aren't we a cool bunch? :cool:

yeah i used to play with a big group of guys but we all seem to have stopped playing or gone our different directions :(
    ive been playing games online since the late 90s and over the past 4 years or so there has been this sharp decline in quality. im sure are good groups i could play with and stuff but im not really too bothered and just reckon its time to move on. was fun while it lasted :) pity generation shit has found a new thing to dump all over :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm the complete opposite. I get bored so quickly of single player games. The story can sometimes grip me and keep me involved for a while but the challenge of figuring out how AI works is dreadfully boring. I find the unpredictability of a human player to be far more exciting. AI usually has an unfair advantage in an attempt to level the playing field.

Some say people take online gaming too seriously? I get enraged when people don't take it seriously. I enjoy the competitive element to it. I can't stand when some joker is jumping around ignoring the common objective. What is fun to me is when a team coordinates well and works together to execute a plan. I have never ever seen that happen on a console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Love a bit of online gaming but find it impossible to actually get on and play so don't get involved too much. As people have mentioned you need plenty of time to really get to grips with an online game. Time which life doesn't give a lot of people with jobs, girlfriends, families, other hobbies etc..

More online games need to be created so that you can hop on within a few minutes, play for half an hour or so and leave it at that if you like.

A lot of people are probably lucky to have an hour of gaming a night which for online play isn't enough.

Playing online with friends is by far the best way to play but having times everyone is on at the same time or has plenty of time to play is few and far between.

Also there is nothing worse than coming home getting some time to play a game online, you just start up the game, jump into your online match or what not and bang a phone call or two starts coming through, people call to the house, the dinner needs getting etc…etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I'm 32 and pumped hours into gears of war online when it came out. Nothing has grabbed me quite like it since. I always have good intentions of getting back into it, had a quick go at BF3 lately but found it nearly soul destroying like trying to push a rope up a hill.It just wasn't happening. Maybe Killzone on PS4 might change that for me, give me Skyrim any day..

Advertisement