Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's up with An Focal?

Options
  • 04-10-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭

So the SU posted an interesting status on Facebook
    There have been a lot of rumours going around regarding An Focal the past few days. The students voted to keep it last April and as such we will be endeavouring to do so.
    At present we are attempting to organise a meeting with the both Editor and Sub-Editors, and Exec will be meeting tomorrow to discuss the situation further. We will keep you up to date.

For some reason I feel the latest issue has a few article carried over from the first issue
    Does anyone have an information or has anyone notice anything odd about the paper this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

This post was carried over from your previous post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Ya I goofed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Its unfair to criticise a student working part time on a job that was previously a paid full time position but the most recent front page was idiotic to say the least, even if it was highlighting an important issue.

Still, we are only 2/3 issues into its run, lets not completely give up hope. I like an focal, even if TST was by far the better news source over the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

From today’s minuted meeting with the editor of An Focal, ULSU would like to make the following statement.

As of the EGM which took place on April 16th earlier this year, the student body voted in favour of keeping An Focal - Official newspaper for ULSU, the campus newspaper for students and staff of the University of Limerick which has been an essential medium in expressing student views. However, ULSU is not financially responsible for the running of An Focal. The paper must be self-financing in order to continue in a printed format.

Due to a number of reasons, a severe lack of advertising to date this semester has prevented An Focal from being self-financing. As a short term solution, the notion of moving to an online only resource was discussed. I must emphasise that should this be the case both ULSU and An Focal hope it is only in the short term. As of today a follow-up meeting has been arranged to take place next week to discuss a new advertising plan.

Emma

Advertisement