Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend LOI & FAI cup fixtures.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

A lot of bitterness towards Drogheda in here, hilarious stuff. That's football lads it's not our fault the officials got a couple of decisions wrong, only for Cherrie and poor finishing it could have been 2 or 3. It is not always easy breaking down 4 defenders and 4 midfielders all behind the ball especially when you don't need to at 1 up. Dundalk showed their lack of ambition once they took Hoban off and played the game with no forwards.

We were the better team I thought prior to the sendings off anyway, much sharper. We would have done what we had to do to get a result on the day. Best cup team in the country, I'd be shocked if we are destroyed in this final as some are saying. Obviously we are massive underdogs with the difference in quality of players and budget but I can't see us giving Sligo an easy ride after watching the last few games between the two teams. Dundalk have over achieved in the league this year like we did last year, unfortunate that ye don't get a big day out and a shot at sillverware that your season deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Drogheda will be utterly destroyed in the final, appallingly bad team
    I don't share your optimism. Sligo have beaten us once in four attempts this season and lost a cup semi final to us.

In 2005 nobody gave us a chance against Cork either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    I don't share your optimism. Sligo have beaten us once in four attempts this season and lost a cup semi final to us.

In 2005 nobody gave us a chance against Cork either.

Not true, Drogheda had a decent side in 2005 and while Cork were favourites, it wasn't like Drogheda were rank outsiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

AgileMyth wrote: »
    To be fair he looked that way last year too..

I think Green is our best option up front at the moment.
    true but i think he is far worse now, id say he is at least a half stone heavier, more like one

forgot about green, another option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

AgileMyth wrote: »
    To be fair he looked that way last year too..

I think Green is our best option up front at the moment.

I'd actually give Elding a run of games - With Raff and Greene around him I think he'll score goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Surely this is some kind of joke. Buttimer has apparently been appointed to ref the Bohs V Dundalk game on Saturday. Can't be true can it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pighead wrote: »
    Surely this is some kind of joke. Buttimer has apparently been appointed to ref the Bohs V Dundalk game on Saturday. Can't be true can it?

Welcome to the world of being f*cked over every week by refs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

gustavo wrote: »
    I'd actually give Elding a run of games - With Raff and Greene around him I think he'll score goals.
    I do think he deserves a chance to earn a new contract. Just think we played brilliant football with Green up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Lollerskates. Kenny will have kittens on the sideline.

geeky wrote: »
    Lollerskates. Kenny will have kittens on the sideline.
    Done a bit of digging and apparently it's not true. Just a Twitter rumour that gained a bit of legs. Phew.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Have a thought for those who do have to play against him this weekend though..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Heard there was going to be a review of Buttimer's performance at the weekend by the FAI.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Heard there was going to be a review of Buttimer's performance at the weekend by the FAI.
    It's in todays 'Irish Independent' alright. Slap on the wrist behind closed doors will be the height of their response I'd say.

He'll come back the same

It's in todays 'Irish Independent' alright. Slap on the wrist behind closed doors will be the height of their response I'd say.
    The article actually says they are waiting on his report before any decisions are made. There could be a lot of things in that report to worry Dundalk. Whatever you think about his decisions he got a torrent of abuse from Kenny and his staff at half time, so bad that two of them were sent off. Meenan also roared at him that he was a prick when he got his red.

That's unlikely to give the FAI any sympathy towards Kenny nor is the wacky statement this morning.

Don't be surprised if you are relegated and replaced with Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't be surprised if you are relegated and replaced with Galway

Are you joking? There's no way that is happening no matter how much Drogs fans want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Oat23 wrote: »
    Are you joking? There's no way that is happening no matter how much Drogs fans want it.

Thinks its a joke relating to incidents in 2006/2007.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Of course it's a joke.
    You haven't got a great memory or you don't know about the infamous DVD, or Maxi and his petrol can.

Galway promoted instead of Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Of course it's a joke.
    You haven't got a great memory or you don't know about the infamous DVD, or Maxi and his petrol can.

Galway promoted instead of Dundalk

Didn't connect that at all! Yes, my memory isn't too good :(.

That was an interesting time in our league for sure.

• Advertisement

Jeebus. How on earth did I miss that story. It's a short in the dark, but does anyone know the lunatic who did that?

There were a couple of pictures of him in the horrible red away Dundalk jersey of the time..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Jeebus. How on earth did I miss that story. It's a short in the dark, but does anyone know the lunatic who did that?

I actually dont know how you missed that, was big news at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uWsk9FQzjg

As for your 2nd question. Are you serious?

Thats Maxi, who is was one of the main organizers of all the "Save Our Club" Fundraisers last year.
    Does alot of work around the club (all for nothing) but is missing a few screws if ya get what I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The article actually says they are waiting on his report before any decisions are made. There could be a lot of things in that report to worry Dundalk. Whatever you think about his decisions he got a torrent of abuse from Kenny and his staff at half time, so bad that two of them were sent off. Meenan also roared at him that he was a prick when he got his red.

........+

Lets replace Shields/Meenan for two off your Star players, & Kenny and his managment team for Cooke etc. ?How would you feel?How would they feel?Would they be gents and just accept the situation do you reckon?Would they just walk away?
    Do you think that if "Fabio" got sent off on a dubious red that he wouldnt tell the ref where to go? and "roar" at him?

This is not,IMO.an us(DundalkFC) V you(DUFC) situation.This is a LOI supporters V LOI refs situation and it go's on every week!Look througgh all the LOI threads.Every week some team is getting screwed by a ref and the same happens every week & happened again in this match im afraid to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I actually dont know how you missed that, was big news at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uWsk9FQzjg

As for your 2nd question. Are you serious?

Thats Maxi, who is was one of the main organizers of all the "Save Our Club" Fundraisers last year.
    Does alot of work around the club (all for nothing) but is missing a few screws if ya get what I mean
    What "Screws" is he missing? He is a passionate fan.ID yourself and i'll let Maxi know that you're talking crap about him!PM me if you want.

What "Screws" is he missing? He is a passionate fan.ID yourself and i'll let Maxi know that you're talking crap about him!PM me if you want.

To be fair, dousing yourself in petrol over something that happened to a football team isn't exactly a typical response.

Self immolation is an extreme protest to war or tyranny so, if someone threatens it over the fai's bs, you'd be forgiven for thinking they weren't quite right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ok, let's stop this here before it gets out of hand. Back to the fixtures at the weekend please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

This is not,IMO.an us(DundalkFC) V you(DUFC) situation.This is a LOI supporters V LOI refs situation and it go's on every week!Look througgh all the LOI threads.Every week some team is getting screwed by a ref and the same happens every week & happened again in this match im afraid to say.
    exactly! the standard of refs in the league is shocking, its something the FAI could easily work on, they are in charge of who is in a position to ref in the loi, what training they have training, if have they been to specsavers etc

its abysmal and the clubs have to fork over 1400 for the same ****e every week and no matter how bad they are they will be at some ground next week. its simply unacceptable that their performances go unpunished, especially when their dodgy decisions so often result in players with suspensions where they are undeserved.

we go to matches hoping the ref is equally ****e to both teams not that he has a decent game. We can admit we dont have the best quality in the world on the pitch (though underrated by most in this country) but decent refs who can do simple things like play advantage, have a word in the ear and not cause such a start stop affair would really improve things, it frustrates the players and fans, a lot of them can only ruin at game as a potential spectacle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He should have been sent to jail BUT he is actually now a security man at Oriel Park now.

Madness giving that clown any sort of role at the club.

Advertisement