Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk Thread ignored.

Options
  • 04-10-2013 3:26am
    Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

I opened this thread in Helpdesk about 3 weeks ago. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057041335. Tried to make my case, make no demands and wait patiently. I was only trying to get a second opinion on a perceived injustice.

Dumped into the archive without any acknowledgement that I had taken the time to communicate with the site in the manner that you have asked.
    The Archive:

Once a thread has been answered to the satisfaction of a forum user, it will be left in the main Helpdesk for around a day or so, as the user has indicated they are happy their query has been resolved. It will then be moved into the Archive for others to read should they wish to do so.

If a thread has been responded to, but the user has not acknowledged, it will be left open in the Help Desk forum for 14 days, after which, it will be closed moved into the Archive, as it will be assumed that the user has either found a solution, resolved the problem, or it is no longer happening.

If a simple and direct question has been answered, and evidence indicates the user has followed the advice given (E.G. The user has requested access to Soccer after being told to do so via a Help Desk thread, but has abandoned the thread thereafter), the thread will be closed and moved as above.

If the user has not followed the advice given, the thread will be left in the Help Desk for no longer than 14 days, and will then be moved to the Archive.

My feedback is that if you are going to treat all users of the site so dismissively then you won't be left with many users.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

BB I didnt see your helpdesk thread at the time (RL stuff) so, on behalf of the admin team, I apologise. no-one should have a thread on helpdesk ignored and its something we will have to work on.

thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

BB, you reference your previous thread in Helpdesk in which I posted this:
    Dades wrote:
    Reported posts are usually only read by the forum mods, and Helpdesk threads can go unnoticed for days, so I'd suggest dropping me or the CMods a PM next time.

It's an unfortunate reality, it seems, but you could have avoided any undue delay by following this.

I've also now reopened your thread, removed it from the archive and responded to it.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Thanks to you both for getting back to me.

My use of "ignored" was a misnomer on my part. It's not that it was actually ignored but archived/binned by someone without any response.

To be fair to whoever it was I'd probably feel like doing it myself to threads like that. Nevertheless it was discouraging, especially given that the original complaint concerned perceived disrespect.

It's not like I am a paying customer so you are free to do however you wish really.

As for the original query you needn't bother worrying about it anymore, all in the past now.

Thanks again. :)

All fair enough. Let's draw a line under this one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement