Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New dog Kennel

• 04-10-2013 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend where to get a decent sturdy dog kennel. Made one 2 years ago with a friend that was ply covered with felt, but wear and tear means I've to get a new one. Want one that will last a good few years. It's for a Samoyed so would need to be large enough. I'm in the Tipperary area. I like this one below but it's a bit on the dear side. Was hoping for something around €100. Would I get a carpenter to make something like it for cheaper??

http://www.donedeal.ie/petaccessories-for-sale/large-dog-house-kennel/5716739

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

here is a set of plans for making a kennel,they can be insulated to make a really warm kennel http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/uniquekennels/doghouseblueprints.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

Woodies have great deals on kennels, just bought one for my brother who got an Alaskan Malamute for his birthday, It was €99 euro I think. They are plastic and I use one for the springer I have. Can't fault them. Sorry don't have the direct link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

I bought one of the kennels advertised on donedeal from Louth (look at Pauls Kennels on Facebook for lots of pictures). I can completely recommend him - I got the kennel with a small hallway with an internal door into a fully insulated inner chamber. It is really well made, a million miles away from the mass produced ones - apart from the comfort factor of the insulation for the dogs it looks lovely. No connections just a very happy customer

Advertisement